Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bf

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all, I've been with my boyfriend for nearly three months now and it just seems so hard to keep it going I don't know why, but he don't seem to care no more :(
I feel like giving up. I have spoke to him about this before and he just goes I'm tired recently blah blah blah I'm like yeah what ever.
The thing that gets me down is that I love him to bits and I couldn't bring myself to dump him and I don't want to, I'm just so unhappy at the moment. He doesn't seem to put any effort into this relationship at all. Help please

Comments

• Options
    Hrm, my bloke was like that. Then we broke up because I was smiliarly dealing with the situation like you - saying it's so one sided, etc. Then I realised, OMG three months. How short a period to be putting nag-mode on. So I shushed and backed off. No avail came from the backing off and shushing. :( We argued LOADS about how I wasn't that high on his priorities etc.

So six months down the line, we broke up for a month to just get some space and do our own thing. We got back together and things have definitely improved. We both realise we've got a good thing, a scarily good thing.

He does appreciate me more, and makes arrangements to see me, and such. He chases after me, more than he did before. More than I did with him in the beginning.

We still argue now and then, but only because our temprements are sooooo alike. We make up like there's no tomorrow :naughty:

I'd recommend having one big discussion with him, then backing off. See how he copes not having his Missus chase after him. He'll soon be phoning you wondering what's going on.

If all else fails, I'd also recommend a wee break apart to make you realise that you don't take what good a couple you could be, for granted.

Good luck!
  • Options
    We have done that and it was better for a bit then it went back to the way it was. I feel so useless in this "thing" between us:(
  • Options
    Wow a break in such a short time.

Hrm, well I got to the root of my boyfriend's problem with committing and it's really smoothed stuff over.

I'd suggest asking him why he wants to be with you if he's not dedicating as much time as what normal couples do.

You deserve better if you're pussyfooting about him. No one deserves second best treatment from their so-called boyfriend.

Has he got trust issues/commitment issues/ex girlfriend problems?
  • Options
    He really needs to do some thinking. Does he REALLY want to be in this relationship? That said, it might just be he's got a few problems in his life right now that you don't know about. Depends a lot on the type of guy he is. But you are right. A relationship IS a two-way process. Not having ever been in a relationship, I can't say much more than this general advice. Sorry.
  • Options
    i got taken advantage of the other week and he didn't believe me and all this crap, and so that's probably whats wrong with him
  • Options
    You're being far too vague, Ice-Babe. What do you mean "taken advantage of"?

If you mean sexually, and he passed it off as a fib you're better off without the tosspot. :impissed:
  • Options
    sexually, all the way with out my concent. And he was believing his mates over me, i don't know how it got round but everything seems to these days
  • Options
    Sex without your consent? THAT IS RAPE. A man who rapes you is not someone you should be in a relationship with! Having checked your profile, you were born in 1989. So, that makes you 15. Sex under the age of 16 is illegal, so your boyfriend has broken the law.
  • Options
    I hardly get to see him because he has college and work, the only time I do get to see him is when he can fit me in around his so busy social life and even then it might only be for about 3-4 hours a week! He pisses me off so easily and that's hard to do.

Um what else, he lost my virginty to me but it's just the cold shoulder since "the incident"
    And i don't know what else to say, apart from being with someone can be very lonely sometimes
  • Options
    I'd get rid of him ASAP. I'd also get to the police about that rape, too.
  • Options
    I can't though I love him and it would actually kill me to get rid of him :(
  • Options
    1983, I wholeheartedly agree. Dump him and find a man truly worthy of your affections. Dump him, dump him, dump him, DUMP HIM! I can't say this enough. DUMP HIM!
  • Options
    My boyfriend didn't rape me sorry if you got the wrong impression, it was a another person
  • Options
    Can you please clarify your situation? I am struggling to follow this! And did no one bother to tell you that sex under the age of 16 is illegal?
  • Options
    Ok.......I got taken advantage of by another guy and my boyfriend has been so off with me since then but lost his virginty to me, I feel really lonely these days but I can't dump him because I am in love with him and to dump him i would die:( He doesn't seem to put any effort into this relationship and I feel like giving up because he doesn't show me any care what so ever
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Dump him and find a man truly worthy of your affections, not some lowlife rapist.

If you re-read her previous posts, I think she's implying her boyfriend's MATE raped her - not her boyfriend himself.

And Ice-Babe - harsh as it is, you're holding onto a guy who sees you as a conveniency, rather than his adoring girlfriend.

You said so yourself he pisses you off so much - which you mentioned is a hard thing to do. I think you know yourself you can't change him and that you're causing alot pain to yourself, physically and emotionally by holding onto a guy who doesn't have any respect for you.

That's not love. Love is something dished out equally between two people. You're doing all the giving, and he's doing too much taking and not reciprocating. So early into the relationship as well, it doesn't look good petal. :(

I'd say spin him on his ass and move on.
  • Options
    Move on, I agree. And see a doctor if you keep feeling like this. I think you might need anti-depressants if you're feeling really low.
  • Options
    I've been to councilling and been depressed for two years, the councilling didn't work and that's the shit
  • Options
    oh and they didn't think it serious enough to put me on anti-depressants even though i lost count of how many times and ways i've tried to kill myself
  • Options
    Ah! Now we're getting somewhere! You are, I would say, staying in a relationship you are not happy with, because you fear that things would be worse without him. If you're depressed, you can talk to me if you wish.
  • Options
    Well I'd take a look on the Health Forum on here, there are a few threads made about rape/depression which would be really beneficial.

I'd still ask you to go to the police as well as Family planning to see if you're STD free/pregnant and so on.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    cheers to all
  • Options
    This guy does seem to be a bit harsh but your only 15 and have only being seeing each other 3months, are you expecting him to be madly in love with you already?? If you are I think your living in a fantasy world. Give it a bit more time and see where it goes because 3 months is nothing, you girls expect lads to give up on their mates as soon as you come into the equation and it very rarely happens. So ye, give it more time if he still doesn't make much effort after a few more months then consider finishing him.

I was like this with my current gf because of a shitty arse ex who screwed with me. Its slowly got better over a space of 2yrs (not 3months) and I still do a lot of stuff just with my mates and she is a sound lass and she accepts this, just like I accept her seeing her mates whenever she wants. Go out with your mates instead of bothering about being with your bf. Hope some of this makes sense.