Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

plz help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im in need of desperate help!!! about 3 years ago, me and my boyfriend of almost 2 years decided to go to different unis. he went up to manchester to do medicine and I went to Kings in London to study law. we were incredibly in love and the distance was not a problem.....we saw each other whenever we could and kept in touch. eventually though i got tired of the situation and started to resent him for moving up to manchester, we started arguing (always started by me) and one night after an argument i got heavily pissed and kissed another guy...it was only for a second but it was bad enough and something im going to regret for the rest of my life.

i had to tell my boyfriend and he started crying, i then told him we should take a break so i can sort my head out but the next day i called him back and said we should get back together and he said yes ( i know i was a bitch.....and i regret it soooo much). 2 weeks later he called me up and said he doesnt think its working anymore, i was taking everything out on him, he was heart broken and had lost trust. i was heartbroken, it took me a long time to get over him (and even then not completely).but after about a year of us broken up (2 years ago) he told me we cant get back togehter because despite him having feelings for me, he was no longer in love with me, he couldnt trust me and was afraid ill hurt him again. when we were together i visited him loads and grew to love manchester and decided to go there for law school and im here now (i came here because of the city NOT because of him). he knew about me wanting to come to manchester 2 years ago but told me that 2 years is a long time to wait for me to come up especially as he is not in love with me anymore.

so anyway here we are, during the past few years we've kept in touch, slept with each other (stupidly a few times),been mates ..but not that close. both of us have had boyfriends / girlfriends...but nothing serious and are now both single. now though, we've been chatting quite a bit, and i realise i still have strong feelings for him...and im so scared.....id love just to go on a date with him, like for a drink but i dont know what to do, he might reject me, say hez completely over me and never wants to go back there again, not even want to go on a date with me....it hurts so much

Comments

• Options
    sorry bout long msg.....basically....i wanna get back with my ex from over 2 years.....well at least just try to go for a drink.....wat do i do??
  • Options
    Go for a drink for old time's sake. You only live once and two years is a long time to mature from silly mistakes/kiddies you used to be.

Just go to catch up. Regardless if you and him end up together again - the connection between you is strong enough for you to have a jolly good chuckle with a bevvy.

Get it out your system.

Good luck!