Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Getting a refund

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We went to Asda on Friday and bought loads of chocolates for my aunt to take back to Canada. I also spotted a pair of trousers I wanted and got those ... in all nearly 40 items, anyway just looked at the receipt and see they charged me twice for the trousers.

What do you think my chances are for a refund, afterall it's not like I have an extra pair of trousers to return!!

Comments

• Options
    Should really complain, what have you go to lose?
  • Options
    complain but with prove u didnt buy two lots it is hard, :(
  • Options
    worth a try. go speak to the people at the customer services desk. if they're right next to each other, it does look a lot like a mistake.

i mean, you don't usually buy two of the same item of clothing, do you?

they might say that you can only have an exchange, but somewhere like asda, that's ok. just use it next time you need food.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Should really complain, what have you go to lose?

Well my saving grace I guess is the receipt looks unusual with nearly 20 bars of chocolates on it as well as other items - so hopefully they'll see it's genuine.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    worth a try. go speak to the people at the customer services desk. if they're right next to each other, it does look a lot like a mistake.

i mean, you don't usually buy two of the same item of clothing, do you?

Hopefully they'll be OK, it's usually hard to find my trouser size, the trousers are jet black and actually a matching set to a suit jacket I bought ages ago but they never had my touser size in at the time so when I saw these on Friday I jumped on them!!

Yes the same exact items numbers are next to each other!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    They have to give you a refund if the item was not actually perscused (cant spell).

but he needs to prove he didnt by them all though they can do that by checking the amount of stock brough and how much is left, although just hope no one nicked a pair from there:p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    A similar thing happened to me in Safeways. I went in with my sister to buy some lunch and I thought it cost, so as I walked out I glanced at the reciept and the dickhead on the checkout had charged me three times for one sandwich. Yet they refused to believe me when I went back, even though I had the bag of shopping still with me. Needless to say I kicked off and got my money back!
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    A similar thing happened to me in Safeways. I went in with my sister to buy some lunch and I thought it cost, so as I walked out I glanced at the reciept and the dickhead on the checkout had charged me three times for one sandwich. Yet they refused to believe me when I went back, even though I had the bag of shopping still with me. Needless to say I kicked off and got my money back!

What a twat (the guy selling you the sandwich). Don't think I'll be going safeways anytime soon!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    What a twat (the guy selling you the sandwich). Don't think I'll be going safeways anytime soon!!

I don't think you will either.. isn't safeway being brought out by morrisons now?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    I don't think you will either.. isn't safeway being brought out by morrisons now?

When one company is bought by another do they not often operate under their former name anyway? As a 'member of the trading group'. Plenty of examples like all the bmw companys or whatever.
  • Options
    When one company is bought by another do they not often operate under their former name anyway? As a 'member of the trading group'. Plenty of examples like all the bmw companys or whatever.

ture.. i noticed at ours all the stock is changing and they have loads of deals on old safeway brand stock :D:)

your probably right:p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit

It can vary. For example Morrision is changing all Safeway stores to the Morrisions name, but competition laws mean some Safeway stores are being sold off to Tesco etc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT

Maybe they thought you ate the evidence :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Maybe they thought you ate the evidence :D

Well try it, if they say you got no prove tell them to check there stock sold against the stock left, they should find one extra pair of trowsers in that size and also if they don't someone might've picked a pair up and have them in there trolly or nicked it,
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    It can vary. For example Morrision is changing all Safeway stores to the Morrisions name, but competition laws mean some Safeway stores are being sold off to Tesco etc.

Yeah, the Safeway near me is changing to a Waitrose :crazyeyes.

I agree with Hellfire, if they check the stock, hopefully there should be one more than the bookstock says. Its worth a try!