Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

People that don't listen

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone got any tips on how to get through to someone who doesn't listen .. and by listen I mean within their brain actually understand the meaning of what you're trying to say!!

My mother annoys the hell out of me ... she'll never give you a straight answer to the most simple questions.

Like when my Aunt was coming from Toronto I asked her "What time does the flight land?"

And she'd say something like "Oh!, like same as last when we came, 2 hours before"

It took about 3 attempts to get her to say "4am"

She's alway been like this, you'll never get the answer you want from her, ... sometimes I have to say the question in parts and backwards like .. "Plane ... Time .. Lands ... When??" and then she'll gets it... I'm beginning to wonder if she's Dyslextic or something.

I can never once remember having a heart to heart conversation with her because it's like talking to a brick wall ... EXCEPT if you were to have an argument with her 2 years later she'll remember exactly what you said and use it against you... so now have a very good reason not to tell her anything specific.

Comments

• Options
    It's not just your mum, all woman are the same. There is no way to get a striaght answer out of them ever.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    It's not just your mum, all woman are the same. There is no way to get a striaght answer out of them ever.

:rolleyes: not ALL women.

All women over X age. :yes:
  • Options
    no no that is DEFINITELY a male thing!
  • Options
    its just people generally, if everything was simple life would be dull, though less frustrating
  • Options
    it's a lost cause, my mum and my aunt are exactly the same.
  • Options
    "Plane ... Time .. Lands ... When??" and then she'll gets it
    May be you could try always talking to her like that? - just kidding!
    - It sounds really flustrating though!:banghead:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by -Di-
    no no that is DEFINITELY a male thing!

its not a male thing either. it is a stupid people thing.

some people just don't know how to give straight answers.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    You should see my mother. She says the most irrational things to avoid an argument, and the reason she does that is because she thinks she always knows best so the argument is useless.