Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do gay males and straight women find the same blokes attractive?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello!

I've been more or less single for a year now after a long term relationship broke up (apart from a minor fling/dates around xmas time).

Problem I'm experiencing is that I when I go out clubbing etc I get gay blokes coming onto me quite alot and less often women who seem to be wrecked.

I go out often and love places like garlands in liverpool, mix of gay/straight, brilliant friendly atmosphere, no snarling divvys, great music!

Garlands does have it's fair share of attractive straight ladies so why don't I seem to have any luck in attracting them but as mentioned previously gays are very forthcoming with their advances. And the odd drunken women that aren't attractive to me anyway.

Problem is i aint gay! BTW nufink against someones sexuality i have gay friends and I'm flattered by anyones attention straight or gay.

I'm beginning to think that what gay males and straight females find attractive must be different and if so will try to tailor accordingly as being single has become a bit boring now!

I'm shy by nature so find it hard going approaching the girls I think phwoar at!!!.....but i don't approach gay men either.

Maybe this seems a load of bolox but it is happening everytime i go out.

Help!

Comments

• Options
    Big post for a simple question.

Answer is that as far as I know, no more than two straight women will find the same guy attractive. Everyone's different. Maybe you dress 'gay'.
  • Options
    I get this quite often too.

I've been told that its maybe the way I dance, but I dont think its that. Maybe its because I have a nice arse.

I just think its that gay blokes are more forward in the main, women still wont (normally) go up to a bloke they fancy. You have to do that whole catching their eye, then going over thing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Big post for a simple question.

Answer is that as far as I know, no more than two straight women will find the same guy attractive.

= The biggest load of bullshit in the history of the universe. Did you ever go to school/college? Were the good looking people only good looking to 2 people out of the 1000?
  • Options
    I didn't say there weren't people that aren't universally attractive, they're attractive on diffrent levels though. Many would also say that Keira Knightly is the most desirable woman on earth, and there are plenty that'd disagree. My point was that it's not a given that every eligible person is going to find someone attractive, because everyone is different.
  • Options
    I think the answer to the question is YES. One man who was walking in the street with his gorgeous brunette girlfriend wolf-whistled me saying "Let's see yer tits, madam!". I think it was a joke, but when I turned round, he noticed I'm no woman. His girlfriend promptly whacked him in the nuts.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    I didn't say there weren't people that aren't universally attractive, they're attractive on diffrent levels though. Many would also say that Keira Knightly is the most desirable woman on earth, and there are plenty that'd disagree. My point was that it's not a given that every eligible person is going to find someone attractive, because everyone is different.

You really know how to put a point across. :fum:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    You really know how to put a point across. :fum:

I should have been clearer in the first place.
  • Options
    Probably cause guys; whether they are gay or straight tend to be more forward than women.

For all you know, there could be loads of girls that fancy ya; just too shy to go up to you.
  • Options
    Do you ever go up to girls, or do you just wait for them? If you wait for the girls you'll be waiting a long time, but gay men are men first so they are open about chatting up.

Though if you dress like an extra from a Westlife video there could be some confusion:p
  • Options
    thanks for the comments guys n gals....

it's a nice thought thinking that maybe some girls like look of me but expect a bloke to make the first move or are shy of me like i am of them.....and that gay men being men will often make the first move.

lol @ westlife extra :D:D ....far from it m8 i would consider myself to look like a 'bit of ruf' and cud b a bit of a b'stard so i've been told!! maybe i frown alot or sumat i dunno i know i can look miserable sometimes even though i'm not...i'm into training/fitness etc so maybe that adds to the b'stard look :confused:? if i am being stereotyped then that's a shame cos i'm actually just a shy guy who is if anything too soft.

well looks like i will just have to deal with my shyness and approach those ladies :eek: :D , just make come convo init and c how it goes.

btw i really admire the natural confidence and no bullshit approach alot of gay men have.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sid
    if i am being stereotyped then that's a shame cos i'm actually just a shy guy who is if anything too soft.

Sounds just right... You need to work at pulling the ladies you like a sensitve guy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sid
    btw i really admire the natural confidence and no bullshit approach alot of gay men have.

cause all guys think in the same way :p

nah i get it too, i have gay men and fat bitchy slappers try it on me, possibly cause both tend to be confident, but if you actually talk to people yourself you find there are all sorts of other people who like look of you, including people you like back :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Probably cause guys; whether they are gay or straight tend to be more forward than women.

For all you know, there could be loads of girls that fancy ya; just too shy to go up to you.

Yeah that's the truth basically, men are horny little devils so you're much more likely to have them approach you.
  • Options
    Well I used to fancy Stephen Gately (about ten years ago) and I think that Will Young is kind of sexy too.
  • Options
    one of my best mates is gay, and when we are out we normally aways say "oh he's fit"

althought i have been to a mixed sexuality club, as a straight girl i found it very hard to flirt with men, basically because it is hard to get knocked back when u find out they are gay.

sometimes too u just cant flipping tell if they are gay, straight or bi. and dont say its in the way they dress, cos this is not true.