Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Extreme nerves

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, hello people. I never post here any more but I want some answers about this - nerves. Basically, I have this huge problem which is really getting to me and it's this - quite often, when a girl I like is flirting with me or if I thgink there is a chance something might happen with them I get scared. Fair enough, but worse than that I have, on several occasions going back 3 years, had to physically be sick. Once was when I got back to a girl's place and she was taking off her bra. Another was during a first date. Another was immediately after a first kiss. The most recent was after talking and flirting a lot with a really attractive girl in a club. I'm terrified that the next time I take a girl out it's going to happen and it'll be mortifying, if not screwing things up completely.

It doesn't always happen, particularly if I pull a girl in a club whilst pissed, but if something happens and I am sober it's quite likely. I feel fine and then I start to feel butterflies, run to the bog and chuck.

I know it's just nerves and there's probably not much I can do about it but I suppose I just want to see if this has happened to anyone else and if anyone has any advice.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Options
    No happened to me .. not to the point of being sick!!

But yeah sometimes you want a girl to show a bit of interest and when they do it can be unnerving!!

I was at a bar with a disco on the weekend and I got a lot of looks from various people, cos basically I'm a pretty good dancer - but only when in the right frame of mind and to the right kind of music!!

Then saw out of the corner of my eye an older women point me out to her friends and start heading my way and thought it's time to make an exit off the dance floor cos she was just too old for me!!

Try pretending to be someone other then yourself in such situations like someone from a movie and see if that helps. If you're OK when drunk then it's all in your head so try pretending to be in soemone else's head for a while.
  • Options
    Hehe interesting idea. Not sure if I've the imagination (or balls) to pull it off though. Things like this make you realise how little you are in control of your own mind and body - it's a bit worrying. Thanks for your help though. Anyone else...?
  • Options
    Like you say, there's probably not a lot you can do about it.

But then rather your sick than you start shaking like a leaf or something. Maybe it's more a confidence issue, you might just grow out of it.

Either way, good to hear you're going out there and having a good time :thumb:
  • Options
    Oh I'm having a great time. I feel that this stuff is holding me back a bit though. You say it's better than shaking like a leaf, but I have horrible visions of not being near a toilet and how embarrassing that would be. Not good. In the meantime I'll get the drinks down me a bit faster, try to think positive and always carry chewing gum. ;)