Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

womens equality - my rant about how its going

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im all for being equal but it seems to be all one way.... women are only picking the areas they want to be equal in and anything that moves towards equality but is less favourable doesnt matter

Comments

• Options
    Re: womens equality - my rant about how its going
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    Im all for being equal but it seems to be all one way.... women are only picking the areas they want to be equal in and anything that moves towards equality but is less favourable doesnt matter

Ya mean like if a man gets angry with a woman then he should be allowed to hit her too? That'd make women equal to men.
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo

Exactly.

Would love to hear somebody try and argue that point.
  • Options
    I was talking to a girl about this the other day. She said she wants equal pay, she dosent want to give up the other privilages... "that would be stupid" she said :rolleyes:

Bopz
  • Options
    im all for womens equality, as long as it isnt detrimental against a man
  • Options
    What on earth are you on about?
  • Options
    wheresmyplacebo would you care to give examples of what you are talking about ? Us women arent mind readers yer know.
  • Options
    Re: Re: womens equality - my rant about how its going
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Ya mean like if a man gets angry with a woman then he should be allowed to hit her too? That'd make women equal to men.

I think you'll find that assault is illegal regardless of sex. If you want to go to the police to say you've been assaulted by a woman, be my guest.
  • Options
    He means that women want the same opportunities concerning careers and paychecks. Yet expect that the bill is paid by the man when going out, and stuff like that.

Btw, that was a generalisation, and I am not saying all women or myself are like that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    He means that women want the same opportunities concerning careers and paychecks. Yet expect that the bill is paid by the man when going out, and stuff like that.

Btw, that was a generalisation, and I am not saying all women or myself are like that.
    I hate that too. Women wanting the few privileges are actually keeping the inequality alive and kicking. Theres so many mixed messages out there about what women and mens roles are. I for one would rather have true equality and to hell with someone paying for my meal or opening doors for me. I also get annoyed with women only motor insurance etc, just as much as I get annoyed with men only organisations. I hate anti men jokes and I hate anti women jokes. Theyre just not funny, and people start believing it as though its true.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

I don't know any women like that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I hate that too. Women wanting the few privileges are actually keeping the inequality alive and kicking. Theres so many mixed messages out there about what women and mens roles are. I for one would rather have true equality and to hell with someone paying for my meal or opening doors for me. I also get annoyed with women only motor insurance etc, just as much as I get annoyed with men only organisations. I hate anti men jokes and I hate anti women jokes. Theyre just not funny, and people start believing it as though its true.

anti men and women jokes are silly and stupid, but if you cant take a joke ableit one that may be bad taste, but its just bad taste and shuld be lft at that

i werent saying all women want to keep the priviliges, but there a lot of women i know who claim to seek equality then whinge that bf doesnt spend enough money on her

and i hold the door open for most people if its appropiate :) its called just being polite, its just when people seriously expect it, thats when i im like "screw you"

men and womens social organisations should be allowed to exist, cause well they exist so guys or girls can jus hang out, and talk about things that affect the people in it, like organisations that are for people of a certain heritage or something, which are allowed to exist, even if someone set up a white european support group in a predominatly non white area, it would probably be shut down, or be overrun with people with ulterior racist agendas
  • Options
    This discussion simply proves one point: .Women don't know what they really want
  • Options
    What about men's paternity leave? That used to be an issue didn't it? :confused: I don't know if it still is.

Here's a question though: if I want to be a stay-at-home dad when I'm older, will the woman be happy to let me stay at home, clean up, cook, entertain the kid while they go out and work? I'm not saying it's easy - but looking after your kids has got to be more rewarding than a full time job surely.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    This discussion simply proves one point: .Women don't know what they really want

A woman may know what she wants. Women collectively don't know what they want as a group any more than men do. Dr_carter has said that he wants a brunette of 5'8", not all men want that. So clearly men don't know what they really want.

Men are just as indecicive, as a group as women are, as a group.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy

How? :confused: