Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

need advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so me and my gf have been going on and off since last year..she just broke up with me last week saying she didn't want a serious relationship and that she might be ready for one next year..i have no idea what to do, she still in love with me i can tell because she calls me crying at night..and she says that she thinks itd be better if we didn't talk for a while so she could get over me

now, if shes getting over me, how is she gonna get back together with me next year? frankly i don't want to wait that long because i love her and its going to be really hard for me, but im not about to force her to go back out with me, plus, it would really be harsh if i waited until next year, only to find out that she has no intention of getting back together with me

please give me some advice on what to do about the situation, i really need some help, im so confused about everything :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey there

First of all, i think this girl is being a bit unfair asking you 2 wait for a year 4 her 2 be ready 2 commit. If she's not ready for that right now then thats fair enough - but she shouldnt expect u 2 wait!! :no:

My opinion is that you should tell this girl that you're willing to take your relationship as slow as she wants, or your willing 2 stay friends with her if she's 100% sure that she wants 2 split up with you, but ur not goin 2 put ur love life on hold for something that has no guarantee of happening. If you talk things through with her and make her see it from your side then hopefully she'll understand, and hey - she may evern realise what she's giving up and decide that she is ready 4 commitment after all. :)

I hope i've been of some help. Let me know how things go!

xXx