Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

councillor

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well i joined a new forum recently the forum on this computer parts site, www.overclockers.co.uk

and i joined cause to say the least, its slightly right wing, so is rather challenging to debate in for someone like myself - check it out and tel me what you think, they seem to be rather obsessed with immigrants

anyway APPARANTLY a pakistani councillor has taken up office who cant even speak english, and they reckon, since he cant speak english and needs translator, which could risk mis-interpretation, especially with rhetoric

i reckon he should be allowed to syat, cause, well he was elected and if people were too stupid enough to not find out about the candidates, or jsut voted blindly for a party (he's a lib dem), its their fault, not the election systems fault

Comments

• Options
    he'san ex-asylum seeker, who said his life was at risk there, yet recently went back to visit family, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/3653262.stm

should this be allowed!?

he used his wages, manchester council tax money, to pay for armed security there etc etc

what you think?

i reckon, they are his earned wages, and so can spend them how he wants, and he went back home to see his family, mainly his sick mum, so there nothing wrong that, especially as it was kept secret too
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    he used his wages, manchester council tax money, to pay for armed security there etc etc

No, he used the money from his successful business to pay for it. Councillors are not paid wages, they are only paid expenses. But even supposing he did use his wages as a councillor, that is right- he earned them. Who his employer is is of no relevance.

Yes, it was quite right for him to go back to visit his dying mother and his married son. It was right for him to have been granted asylum, and it was right for compassionate grounds to allow him to return.

Yes, it was right for him to be "allowed" to take his rightful seat. He was elected legally, therefore he sits. It's really quite simple.

I don't see what all the fuss is about.
  • Options
    i know i just needed some people to confirm that this is therefore alrite - the forum i joined does seem rather bigotted so makes it interesting to argue with them