Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

people getting into commons

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
bunch of people got into the houses of parliament and in front of the MPs

the news are talking about putting police instead of the sergeat at arms which is a old bodyguard with a sword

i dont think we should turn parliament into a fortress,as that puts a barrier between the mps and the public, which in principles stops the mps being OUR elected representitives who we consent to have power, and turns tem into servants of the state who are a league apart from us

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    After todays events they are gonna have to tighten up with security.....something must be done.
    These MP's should not have had yobs in that meeting......end of. Someone will have some explaining to do and quite rightly so.

We are getting very lapsidaisy with security, what with yesterdays exhibition and now this...........what next ? what if they were terrorists ?
  • Options
    you might not have to actually increase security, you could just do the job more efficiently, remember noones got that far in over 300 years, so its a security lapse, so procedures are fine, implementation was the problem

the bbc knew yesterday, a bunch of people disguised as builders got to the doors of the chamber, and yet noone told parliament security this was the case
  • Options
    Procedures are not fine......people who should not have been there got there.
  • Options
    The trouble is the world will have seen this happening twice now. What if the next time the intruders are armed?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    The trouble is the world will have seen this happening twice now. What if the next time the intruders are armed?

twice, both were completly unrelated, the powder one was cause a lord lady sold her guest chair to charity, and well erm it landed up in hands of protestors

this one was down to a proper security hole, which isnt the fault of the security policy, but the people doing the security
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    twice, both were completly unrelated, the powder one was cause a lord lady sold her guest chair to charity, and well erm it landed up in hands of protestors

this one was down to a proper security hole, which isnt the fault of the security policy, but the people doing the security

Yes we know that but the impression that people outside the UK get is that security is lax.
  • Options
    Bloke dressed as bin Laden gatecrashes Prince William's birthday at Windsor... various superheroes climb up the London Eye and other buildings, another goes all the way onto Brenda's balcony, and now 6 protesters walk into the Commons.

The terrorists of this world must be banging their heads against the wall for wasting time worrying about how to bypass security in this country and drawing up elaborate plans when every clown in town is able to walk in anywhere they want with total ease.

Downing Street is next I reckon. :D
  • Options
    And you think they'd notice another clown in Downing St.

:D
  • Options
    The mini-riots outside were fantastic, how many times do you see snobby English toffs rioting like that?

"I say! I say! I'll jolly well punch you on the nose!"

:lol:
  • Options
    I heard on the news earlier they believe it was an inside job. Makes sense, the part of the commons they entered through is all run by swipe cards, they put on suits, bingo, they're in.

The thing is though, all they achieved was a ban on hunting. Their stupidity left the government with the moral high ground and the Tories looked scared of arguing back for fear of being associated with the thugish antics of these people who, although I'm anti-hunting, can actually put a case across to support their past time, but have now been tarred with the brush of violence.
  • Options
    I am more bothered about the security of ordinary people out and about, than the security of overpaid toffs.