Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

getting over someone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok ive come to the conclusion that i need to listen to everyone telling me everything, so does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of the feelings of love, of which i cannot let go?

Comments

• Options
    Stop any kind of contact you have with the one you love and also try to think about all the bad points about them.

Its very hard to get over someone and takes a long time, keep your chin up mate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Stop any kind of contact you have with the one you love and also try to think about all the bad points about them.

Its very hard to get over someone and takes a long time, keep your chin up mate.
    yeah its been 9 months, problem is i cant never see her because i tried that and i still see her quite frequently even though i go to tech 20 miles away from her, and my best friends are also her best friends

we have a greed to be aquaintences at the moment, and i shall still be avoiding her as much as possible
  • Options
    Even if it is impossible to avoid contact with her, try to cut down on the contact. Plus when you are with her dont just focus your attention towards her, yeh your gonna keep looking at her its natural but try to focus more on your other friends.

It dont help much but over time you will notice the change.
  • Options
    even if you don't see her/speak to her, you'll still be able to think of her. so in a way that won't help. different people have different ways of getting over someone. sometimes time is all you need. my longest was 2 years.
  • Options
    i know it seems blunt, but for me the best way to get over someone is to concentrate on someone else. it feels like all the feelings for the past person are all now on the future person.
  • Options
    Originally posted by redcrayon
    i know it seems blunt, but for me the best way to get over someone is to concentrate on someone else. it feels like all the feelings for the past person are all now on the future person.

i do that, i perhaps shouldn't 'cause when i have no one to concentrate on it'll all come back.
  • Options
    yeah true, i still sometimes think of a girl i was with a while ago cause i see her a lot at school, even though im with someone else now. i think different people have different ways, and that way works best for me.
  • Options
    you know thats the advice i always give yet i didnt think about that cos i liked her so much, tho also i cant find ne1 else, who i fancy, once i do itll all b good, also one chick from my tech wants me to take her home and bone her between classes (now that was blunt)
  • Options
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    you know thats the advice i always give yet i didnt think about that cos i liked her so much, tho also i cant find ne1 else, who i fancy, once i do itll all b good, also one chick from my tech wants me to take her home and bone her between classes (now that was blunt)

and what do you think about her?
  • Options
    shes just a mate really, less than that an aquaintence, but we promised to keep emotions outve it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    shes just a mate really, less than that an aquaintence, but we promised to keep emotions outve it.

Are you girls reading this? Yes hes a guy and yes he dont want sex with her. Proof that we (well some of us) wont shag anyone.

Anyway dave, things wont seem good for now and you will probably feel sorry for yourself but im afraid thats the way things go my man. Good luck with whatever tactic your gonna try and use.
  • Options
    The worst thing to do is get mixed up in drugs. Then no one likes you and you're depressed for most of the day or week until you take your "happy pill" and then you feel neutral. The emotional rollercoaster caused by yourself alone is ridiculous, not to mention the fact that after the drugs don't do anything to help your emotional state twords the person you're still attracted to. You just keep feeling worse and digging a deeper and deeper hole. I know from experiance :(
    Still isn't going on too well. It's been almost a year since I've had a crush on this chick. The feelings are withering away slowly, but they're still there.

A lot of people suggest other activities or hobbies to get your mind off of the person you're trying to get over. It takes a while and it works. Eventually one figures things out and you're over that person completely, or nearly at least. Then you just wake up and someone else sparks your attention.

Hope that helped a bit.
  • Options
    Heya I know its hard. I broke up with this guy in March I think but yet it still seems like I think about him every day. I even do the "what if he was to tell me had made a mistake now?" However the chances of this are very slim. I would say look to the future. I like the idea that well I had to break up with that person to find perhaps the next guy who is gonna be equally as good or better. We are both just looking for each other at the moment. Aint found him though. Yes an also remember points you don't like about them an things like how much they hurt you.
  • Options
    Are you girls reading this? Yes hes a guy and yes he dont want sex with her. Proof that we (well some of us) wont shag anyone.

Ditto. I'm the same type.
  • Options

Very very true.... it does take time but really things work out for the best... thats what i found...
  • Options
    she didnt hurt me cos i broke up with her, and i dont know why and i cant think of anything bad about her, she told me she was a self centred paranoid bitch, so ive been focusing that, its hard though knowing that for christmas she spent 60 quid so i could see my favourite comedian after planning it with my parents wen i was down in dublin seeing iron maiden, which doesnt seem selfish, then the fact she was convinced i was just gonna say that i wouldnt be able to talk to her on friday or sumthin, totally oblivious about the fact i was going to break up with her, thats not particularly paranoid, and she never moaned at me about anything, so shes not really a bitch. still, ill try :P