Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Jewellery with meaning

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm thinking of buying my girl an item of jewellery.

Well more like she picks it i'll buy it because i'd just end up buying something i'd like rather than she'd like;)

I'm just thinking what would have more of a meaning attached/ be cherished:

Ear rings
Necklace
Bracelet
Ring

.:Crispy:.

Comments

• Options
    A ring seems to have greater significance, any ring I mean, not an engagement ring or anything. I suppose that connotation is always there.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd agree that a ring has more significance, but then it depends how long you've been together, and whether this is going somewhere.
    Also, this might just be me, but I'd prefer that my boyfriend got me a piece of jewellry that he picked, than something I'd picked. It would mean a lot more to me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kate1

Also, this might just be me, but I'd prefer that my boyfriend got me a piece of jewellry that he picked, than something I'd picked. It would mean a lot more to me.

Depends how well he knows you. Wonderful if it's really nice, but what if it's really nasty??
  • Options
    watch out if you get her a ring - she might think you're proposing to her.

i'd say generally rings and necklaces have more meaning to people. but it depends on her, cause some people don't really wear rings, and some never wear necklaces.
  • Options
    personally I think rings should be reserved for very serious relationships. They're a symbol of both engagement and married...total commitment.

I think necklaces and bracelets make nice presents :)
  • Options
    How about next time you're in town you some how get her to look in a jewelers and that way you can see what she likes without her knowing you're actually getting it.

I wouldn't advise the ring and plus, you might get the wrong size.

I'd say a necklace or bracelet.
  • Options
    Necklace... a ring symbolises eternity.
  • Options
    Yeah - I'd stay on the safe side and go with a necklace or bracelet. If you want to make it a bit more meaningful you could get it engraved with something
  • Options
    Originally posted by girlinthecurl
    how long have you been together?

I'd say we've been bestest buddies for around 7 years where we totally trust each other & tell each other anything & everything & know that it's not going to go any further than between ourselves.

Then we've been together for about 4 months now.
  • Options
    Sounds like you know her pretty well then.

Charm bracelet would be my suggestion though. They're pretty and you can get it with an engraved tag, and whenever you feel like getting her something nice, you can get an extra charm for it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Charm bracelet would be my suggestion though. They're pretty and you can get it with an engraved tag, and whenever you feel like getting her something nice, you can get an extra charm for it.

eee, good idea. i hadn't thought of that!

charm bracelets are quite keepsake-y as well - the kind of thing you keep forever.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Depends how well he knows you. Wonderful if it's really nice, but what if it's really nasty??

If he knows me well enough to be getting me jewellery, I'd hope he knew me well enough to have some idea of what sort of stuff I like. Besides, if he was going to get something in secret, I'd imagine he'd be noticing the kind of stuff I wear, asking subtle questions, asking my family and friends etc. I'm just saying that I personally would prefer a surprise piece of jewellery on a romantic evening than "Surprise! We're going shopping for a present for you, you're going to have to choose it because I haven't got a clue about the type of person you are and what kind of stuff you like".
    Mind you, I'm not that fussy, so as long as it wasn't big or gold, I'd probably like it anyway! :lol:
  • Options
    *gone*