Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What do you think?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been with my boyf 3 years and we have ran into alot of trouble in the past 6months. We have broken up and got back together so many times, even when i havent wanted to but simply because i feel i have to.
We dont get on as we used to, we always argue and i am unhappy. He keeps sayin he will change but he doesnt.
Anyway last week i met this guy when i was out, we talked all night and he just seemed so sweet. He has e-mailed me and i am not sure whether to reply. I dont want to cheat on my boyf no matter how unhappy i am with him, but what if im letting go a chance of happiness.
What would you do?

Comments

• Options
    Re: What do you think?
    Originally posted by **Cinderella**
    Ive been with my boyf 3 years and we have ran into alot of trouble in the past 6months. We have broken up and got back together so many times, even when i havent wanted to but simply because i feel i have to.
    We dont get on as we used to, we always argue and i am unhappy. He keeps sayin he will change but he doesnt.
    Anyway last week i met this guy when i was out, we talked all night and he just seemed so sweet. He has e-mailed me and i am not sure whether to reply. I dont want to cheat on my boyf no matter how unhappy i am with him, but what if im letting go a chance of happiness.
    What would you do?

3 years is a long time, it's not surprising you feel like you have to stay with him - it's almost a habit. It's what you're used to.

However, look at it this way. You're not happy, and you deserve to be happy. If you think you'd be happier without him then you know what you've gotta do.
  • Options
    to be honest hun i dont think you should be with him! it sounds selfish, but at the end of the day your happiness comes first - and you dont sound very happy at all! you've given him plenty of chances, but he still isnt changing, and things are still the same - so id move on! it'll seem wierd, and be hard at first, bcos 3yrs is a long time to be with somebody, but you'll gain your own independance and more respect for yourself! good luck :thumb:
    SBG