Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dizziness/light headed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently if i've been lead on my bed for a while then get up suddenly & walk out of my room I feel really dizzy & white out for a split second.

Could it be getting up too quickly causing me to be dizzy?

I'm short-sighted & when i've got my glasses on or lenses in then I don't ever get dizzy. I've checked my ear holes & there isn't anything other than the usual stuff in them.

Could I be dehydrated?

Any help appreciated:)

.:Crispy:.

Comments

• Options
    Yep, it's because you get up to fast.... it doesn't give your blood time to stabilise in that position and means your brain isn't getting enough oxygen for a second or two (or something like that....)...
  • Options
    If you are not wearing your glasses then the strain on your eyes can make you feel dizzy and light-headed. I get dizzy when I don't wear my glasses for long periods of time, it's something to do with balance I think.

That, and standing up too quickly will make you feel too dizzy.

If your urine is a dark yellow colour every time you urinate then you are dehydrated. It's normal for the first piss of the day, but apart from that if your urine is dark yellow you aren't drinking enough water.
  • Options
    I had this when i was just walking around - i would come over dizzy just as i was walking around school or from one room to the next.
    My GP sent me for a variety of blood tests (including a Paul Bunnell which surprised me - I didn't think dizziness was a symptom of glandular fever) and just told me to drink lots of water and take care when getting up, get up slowly...
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    I went to my Doctor about it I think he said something about hypertension but I can't really remember. they just told me to get up slower

orthostatic hypotension - when your blood pressure suddenly falls if you get up too quick.

i think everyone gets it to some degree - the so-called headrush. some people can get it really badly. i get it a lot worse if i'm ill, dehydrated or haven't been eating properly. but then my blood pressure is too low anyway.
  • Options
    My wee wee is fine:lol:

I'll have to remember to get up a bit slower in the future:)