Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

"intimate" waxing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
id love to get a complete wax, ya know, 'down there'. for hygiene reasons plus my bf loves it.

ive shaved a few times before, but dont like it, the re-growth is really quick, plus it scares me, having a razor down there; your hand might slip and accidentally slice something off :eek:

thing is tho, i dont fancy going to a salon or whatever to get it done, not entirely comfortable with baring my hootchie-mama to some random woman.

are there any home-waxing kits out there for this kinda thing? i looked but could only find bikini kits.

Comments

• Options
    I think home wax is awfull, although i have never been to a salon to get it done.

It's painfull to do, but this is probably because you are doing it yourself and not doing it right, or actually pulling the wax strips quick enough.
    Cold wax strips, as with any area i have found, are quite frankly wank at pulling there hairs out and leave you with sticky gloop that refuses to be washed off. So if you are really going to do it i would suggest using the hot wax and fabric sheets and maybe get a friend/boyfriend to do it because they won't hold back on the pan factor.

Then if you pluck the regrowth as it grows back it should be easy to maintain. You could also try that hair thinning after shaving cream by Johnsons is it? That makes teh hair grow back finer. Does anyone know if this actaully works btw?

I myself stick to shaving it is so much easier, no pain and less time consuming, plus my boyfriend isn't to fussed about a little bit of regrowth/stubble here and there.
  • Options
    I got this. It works great. Never has been painful, like ripping the skin off along, its quick and easy and washes off in water.
  • Options
    or why don't you try an intimite ladyshaver? it's battery powered so a dry shave, also can't cut you cos of something...

here is a selection
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    I got this. It works great. Never has been painful, like ripping the skin off along, its quick and easy and washes off in water.

ooo that stuff looks like it could be good, i might have to go and have a look around for that!
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    ooo that stuff looks like it could be good, i might have to go and have a look around for that!

I'm sure my mum and sister just makes their own with sugar and lemon juice, there must be a recipe on the net somewhere
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I'm sure my mum and sister just makes their own with sugar and lemon juice, there must be a recipe on the net somewhere

:|

You have a very liberal family I might say.
  • Options

i was gonna do that but i dunno what sort of strips i would need to use, or where to get them
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    i was gonna do that but i dunno what sort of strips i would need to use, or where to get them

I think they just cut up old rags like old t-shirts and other type of material and use that.
  • Options
    I think they just cut up old rags like old t-shirts and other type of material and use that.

r u serious?! does that work?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    r u serious?! does that work?

Yeah, pretty much anything will work, as long as it don't stretch too much when you peel it off.

It's a real pain inthe neck when my sister is waxing cos she hoggs the bathroom for ages, she even has this special electric heather thing to heat the wax.
  • Options
    Yeah, pretty much anything will work, as long as it don't stretch too much when you peel it off.

It's a real pain inthe neck when my sister is waxing cos she hoggs the bathroom for ages, she even has this special electric heather thing to heat the wax.

im so tempted to try that now. hmm i think tea towel fabric would work as it doesnt stretch
    so all i need is a tea towel and the recipe!!

eta for anyone whos interested here are 2 waxing recipes i found-
    1 cup sugar
    2 Tbl. lemon juice
    2 Tbl. water.

Mix in a saucepan and boil for 8-15 minutes, or until 250 degrees (soft ball stage). Then pour it into a little Rubbermaid container and leave it to cool down a bit. Keep refrigerated. It can be heated up in the microwave...but be careful not to get it too hot and burn yourself.

Ingredients

2 cups sugar
    ¼ cup water
    ¼ cup lemon (nimbu) juice

Method

Pour the sugar, water and lemon juice in a saucepan, and heat it over a low flame. Keep stirring the mixture until all the sugar has melted, and you have a thick brown liquid. Let it cool slightly.