Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Underarm rashy thing

I keep getting a rash type thing on my underarms. Although I do shave them, it doesnt go away if I stop for a couple of days, or use new razor blades or anything like that. I haven't changed my deoderant for ages either, I use a sensitive one though. They are more like spots, exept with huge red lumps under the head bit instead of just little bits. They are also usually further down than basic underarm bit.

So any ieas why I'm getting them/how to get rid of them? Thanks :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try Zinc cream (i.e. Nappy rash cream)
  • Options
    Oooh, ooooh, ooooh! I had this for bloody AGES! Like, a year, i went to the dr's, got antibiotics, had cream for it... nothing worked, but a couple of weeks ago i went to Urban Outfitters and they had this thing called Tend Skin, whcih is like an alcoholic solution, and it has helped SO much - i didn't wear vest tops for ages because under my arms were so scarred and rashed and now i'm fine with it. It's brilliant! £15, but worth every penny - and has an unconditional guarentee on it. Stick it into google, i'm sure you can buy it online too.
  • Options
    moisturiser maybe?

If not, and if you feel you can get away with it, stop shaving and using deoderant for a few days/a week see if it gets better. To state the obvious, shower more often when not using deoderant.
  • Options
    No, it's normally a shaving rash rather than a sweat rash, and if it's bad then nothing you can do will get rid of it - it's something like a certain type of bacteria getting into the shaved follicles and causing infections, and once you have the bacteria under your arms, it's a pain in the backside to get rid of them.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    There's some info and links in this Q&A that may help (it's about a different area of the body but the same principles would apply).

If you're not sure exactly what's causing the rash though it would be a really good idea to see your doctor about it, they'll be able to refer you to a dermotologist too.

CB
  • Options
    How about trying dove deoderant, i'm always seeing the advert for it on tv and how it is made with 1/4 moisterisng milk or something and how it puts back what shaving takes out.
    Or if it is really bad i guess you could try your doctors.
  • Options
    Originally posted by beans
    How about trying dove deoderant, i'm always seeing the advert for it on tv and how it is made with 1/4 moisterisng milk or something and how it puts back what shaving takes out.
    Or if it is really bad i guess you could try your doctors.

I already use Dove deoderant...is slightly improved since starting, but not really.

And I shall investigate this thing from Urban outfitters, thank you very much for the suggestion :)