Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Converse

Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
Yarr, I be having a pair of converse trainers and i need to know if there be any way of softening them so they dont rub so.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wee on them!!
    Its true apparently although i think id rather have hard trainers than urine stained, piss smelling soft ones.

other than that I guess you can just wear them in, but to be honest,trainers should be comfy from the start, and if theyre not, maybe u got the wrong size?
  • Options
    Mine were comfy as soon as I put my foot in. Anyway, I'd just wear them in a bit, and get used to them. I don't have a clue what else to suggest really.
  • Options
    It just be the plastic bit on the front on the right foot, the rest is ok
  • Options
    I think they are quite comfortable erm, losen the laces on the main bit of the foot so they aren't as tight?
    Erm wear thicker socks?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dr Pirate
    It just be the plastic bit on the front on the right foot, the rest is ok

Too small perhaps?
  • Options
    The size bigger was to big and they didnt do half sizes. If I wash them will they soften?
  • Options
    wet them in hot-ish water

put a few pairs of socks on

force them onto your feet

tighten them as much as possible

wear them until they have dried stretched, walking about as much as possible
  • Options
    I've just bought some converse, and i've had exactly the same problem, they hurt like hell.

But they do get better, as you break them in they become more pliable and comfy, the still hurt a bit but are progressively improving.

I recommended really think socks at first so your feet aren't as squashed.
  • Options
    i meant thin there, i basically think you have to wear them, i think washing them will fade them, or am i wrong?
  • Options
    take all the laces out and walk around.

if they still hurt, your problem is that you are wearing the wrong size, or that you have stupidly wide feet.

if they're loads more comfy, your problem is that you are lacing them too tightly.

i had this exact same problem until i discovered i had to lace them a lot less tightly than other shoes, and they're a really narrow fit.