Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pregnant???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I took the MAP on friday, and since then I've been feeling sick and having stomach cramps.... I thought nothing of it till my mate at work said that when she took the MAP she only felt ill for like a day or two. She also said that the stomach cramps may be the womb growin :eek:

A couple of times, me and my b/f didnt use anything.... we had sex but before he came, he took it out. I know it was stupid.... but I had just finished the Depo and couldnt go on the pill and there was no condoms around..... I know its very stupid:rolleyes:

Could there a chance I could be pregnant? Can you get preggers by pre-cum?

Comments welcome anyone

Comments

• Options
    Nobody could tell you if you are or are not pregnant, your best option is to go and get a pregnancy test or see a doctor.
  • Options
    I know, but im not due on for about another couple of weeks! Looks like I'll have to wait:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Briony
    Can you get preggers by pre-cum?

Taken from the TheSite.org:
    You can't get pregnant during unprotected sex if the man pulls out before he ejaculates (cums) - false!

Even though your boyfriend doesn't ejaculate, sperm can still be present in his pre-cum (the clear, sticky drops that are released when he's aroused). It only takes one sperm to get you pregnant, and the fluid can also contain sexually transmitted infections. Some men aren't aware that they are ejaculating until it's too late, and it's easy to get carried away in the heat of the moment.

.:Crispy:.
  • Options

Its just the waiting game now:(
  • Options
    If you have taken the MAP within 12 hours of sex then you have a 8-10% risk of being pregnant, rising to a 1 in 4 risk if you took it 72 hours after sex.

You wouldn't feel the womb grow after a week, your friend is talking out of her bottom. You could feel sickness this soon, but it is more likely to be caused by taking the MAP.
  • Options
    She's just got me so worried:( But I took the pill on friday morning, and its Monday night... surely I shouldnt still be feeling ill?? All the lasses I've spoke to, they've said that they ddint feel ill after about 4 days:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Briony
    She's just got me so worried:( But I took the pill on friday morning, and its Monday night... surely I shouldnt still be feeling ill??

Last time t'missus took it it took her a week to get over it.

If you still have the packaging, read the section about side effects. If after reading that you are still concerned, then visit your GP or telephone NHS Direct on 0845 46 47.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Last time t'missus took it it took her a week to get over it.

*Nods* i have only taken it once but it made me feel really ill for a week or so. Everyone is different.
  • Options
    I hope your right! I had to take the MAP ages ago.... when I was like 16, and it didnt have this effect on me, I felt sick... but only for a couple of hours after.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya Briony,
    You can speak to a nurse on the fpa helpline on 0845 310 1334 and they will be able to talk to you about the side effects of emergency contraception. It's really worth giving it a go as they are the experts.

CB
  • Options
    i dont mean to sound nasty but you dont sound like you know very much at all about sex and contraception and the risks etc etc. and i think if someone isnt mature enough to know about what they could be gettin themselves into, they shouldnt be having sex.

sorry but if u have to ask if u can get pregnant from pre-cum then you really arent ready to be having sex