Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sinisitus (sp?!)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know any ways to try and get rid of it? Ive tried albus (sp) oil, and it hasnt worked. I was on anti-biotics from the doctors, they cleared my nose up a bit but not my head&ears. I need to go back but cant for a week or so, thas why im asking. Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    Sudafed's good, i'm told.
  • Options
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo
    Sudafed's good, i'm told.

:yes:

decongestants work a treat. also try sitting with your head over a bowl of boiling water - the steam can loosen everything up a bit. this might work better for the sinuses above your nose, though.
  • Options
    aye... i'm reluctant to try it myself cos i'm on Nasonex from the doc...

failing that, if it's recurring you can have your sinuses cauterised or drainage holes widened...
  • Options
    I have to second Kaffrin. Bowl of hot water, towel, stir in some vix goo. Works like a charm.
  • Options
    I tried the head over water thing :lol: oh i looked silly. Its cleared my nose up a little bit but not much, and my ear is still blocked :| I feel more deaf now than i already am! lol. My dizzyness hjas eased though :)
  • Options
    Awww... me heart goes out to ya. I had the worst case of that over christmas and I just felt like shite. Couldn't even get out of bed, unless I had to use the loo.

Do get yourself sudafed; cause that does make a difference and unfortunately need to let the rest work it's course. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Do get yourself sudafed; cause that does make a difference and unfortunately need to let the rest work it's course. :(

Its being taking its course for the past 3 weeks :crying: Atleast its not as bad as it has been though!
  • Options
    Decongestant can make things much worse if used long term!!

Are you allergic to the droppings of house dust mites?

If so then you need to vaccum your bedroom regulary and also wash the bed sheets at a high temp to kill the sods!!

There is also a spray you can get from boots to spray on carpets and curtuins