Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

bathroom stuff :o

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so for as long as i can remeber i have like the bladder of steel. i go once a day, no problem. but recently i've been going so much more, like 3-4 times a day and every time, not only do i get the feeling i have to go, but like go really bad. even though the feeling hasn't been there long. I havn't been drinking anymore than usual either. and it just seems really really strange. any ideas? i'm still trying to work up the courage to make a dr appt, so i thought i'd see if i could just get a general idea of whats up so i know what to expect.

Comments

• Options
    You could have a UTI (bladder infection). Needing to pass water more frequently than usual could also be a sign of diabetes. Your doctor can easily test for diabetes by testing a sample of urine or taking a blood test.

It could also be a sign of something else. I suffer from the same symptoms and I am being investigated by a urologist at the local hospital. I'm having a cystoscopy in September. The consultant told me that the urethra of many women starts to restrict slightly after a certain age (about 20) and they find it difficult to empty their bladders fully each time they pee. This means they pee more frequently. It is not as rare as people might think and is fixed quite easily enough.

You've most likely got an infection but I thought I would share my experience with you anyway! :)
  • Options
    Wow, I piss at least 10 times a day, usually 15 or more. hehe

I drink a lot of water though.
  • Options
    Re: bathroom stuff :o
    Originally posted by my_name
    i go once a day, no problem.

:eek2: once a day!?!
    I need to go so much more than that.
    Umm...probably not what you wanted to know.
    Sounds like an infection
    Do what Bumblebee said :yes:
  • Options
    Only going so infrequently will store up problems for the future anyway. You could end up giving yourself bladder stones.
    I think you should drink more and make yourself go every few hours.
    As for your problem at the moment, youve probably given yourself a UTI.
  • Options
    but its always been so infrequent for as long as i've been around. its not like i restrict myself from going. a long time ago i did ask about that and it wasn't anything. it was something that was normal for me. so that wouldn't be the cause of any problems.
  • Options
    Yer, a friend of mine had an infection of the bladder,and she was advised to drink plenty of water, keep the cogs turning, so to speak.
    But getting an appointment will give you a better idea.
  • Options
    Originally posted by AverageJoe87
    Yer, a friend of mine had an infection of the bladder,and she was advised to drink plenty of water, keep the cogs turning, so to speak.
    But getting an appointment will give you a better idea.

dude. thread. dead.

(:D)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    dude. thread. dead.

(:D)

How long have you wanted to do that? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    How long have you wanted to do that? :p