Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

nipple piercing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey. i just got my nipple pierced yesterday and i was wondering how long should i leave it in before i change it? if i clean it more than twice a day will it heal quicker? any comments welcome please, xxxxx

Comments

• Options
    Nipple piercings can be somewhat tempestuous, so I'd leave it at least 3 months before changing the jewellery.

Oh and cleaning it more than 2wice a day will almost definitely lengthen the healing period. By overcleaning a piercing, you will cause irritation which can lead to all sorts of problems. My advice is only clean it when it's lymphing *Secreting clear liquid which turns into a crust* don't clean it when it's already clean.

Ilora x
  • Options
    do not clean it more than twice a day, you will damage the healing tissue

and dont even think about taking it out for a few months!!

What a strange piercer you went to, if they did not give you this sort of advice, did you not know what you were letting yourself into?! A piercing is an open wound-treat it like one
  • Options
    yeah he told me i think i was just in alot of pain, he told me to clean it twice a day, i didnt know if cleaning it more would help or not, aopparently it doesnt. he never told me wen to change it but never mind, i have you good people to inform me, thanks alot
  • Options
    Your poor wee nipple. How could you do that?! I cringe at the thought of doing that to me nipple. Sounds really sore and that idea of it getting caught to me clothing/bra were it will be pushed and tugged about. OUCH!!! :nervous:
  • Options
    If the healing goes well, then give it a couple of months before changing the jewellery. Or if you are that desperate to have it changed, go to a piercer and have them change it for another sterile bar/ring.
    Cleaning twice a day is enough. Three times maximum if it's particularyly gunky. Any more and you will irritate it through all the movement, and be doing it no favours at all.

Cruel2BKind. Snagging and catching it are the downsides. The upsides are increased sensitivity, and a slightly different sensation altogether. :naughty: