Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Microsoft Has Got Us By The "Long Horn"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yippe

so what do you all think? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    I'm not all that fussed over this. Longhorn was originally planned to be released anywhere between 2003 and 2006. Gradually, it got pushed back up in the years so that it is now 2006. Even 2006 is now in jeapody with the Win FS proposal, so MS have now got to knock that out.

Half measures.
  • Options
    Yep, an article I was reading the other day said 2007 was expected now.
  • Options
    there are leaked beta copies available on the internet somewhere
  • Options
    but what do you guys actually think of longhorn?
    I heared that it could become a real threat to one's privacy since upon software-installation it has to fetch a permission from the MS servers to be able to do so (so e.g. illegal copies of software won't be able to get installed).

is that true or just a rumor?
  • Options
    that prob will be true, with xp you have to activate it, its jsut with pre built pcs its pre activated for you computer only

theres always the volume license versions though ;)

the worry is this acpi or sumit which basically is all the big computer manufacturers attempts to stop small brand manufacturers and copiers as its a hardware lock and its like built in spyware that monitors what software you have etc