Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Seeing into the future

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you had the chance to see into your own future. Would you?

Also. Have you ever had a tarot reading? If not. Would you?

Personally, I wouldn't like to see into my own future. I like surprises. Life would be boring if you knew what was coming to you, day after day. Whatever happens, happens. Whether it happens for a reason or not, is another question. I wouldn't want to try & change anything. Life is what you make of it. The only thing I am certain of what life will bring me, is death.

& I've never had a tarot reading, I would have it done for shits & giggles, though. But I'm not sure if I believe in that kinda thing. I have a deck of tarot cards but I've never used them either. Mainly because I haven't a clue how to. :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    I'd love to look into the future! At least those stupid mistakes could be avoided and alot of hurt and misery could of been avoided.

But on a lighter note, i havent had a tarot card reading and probably wouldnt. The only thing close to it was palm reading which was done for a laugh in the highstreet.... but she scarily got alot of things right but some were very general
  • Options
    Re: Seeing into the future
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    Also. Have you ever had a tarot reading? If not. Would you?

yes, i have. a few times, and she was spookily right about a lot of things.
  • Options
    If (and I mean if) there was a proven way of looking into the future, like I mean millions had done it before and it all came true, then I still wouldn't.

People will say "Ohhh I could have avoided so much shit in my life", but shit happens, and the worst thing that could happen to the human race is that we all go through our lives with little or no negative emotions, which would in turn fuck with our positive emotions, and they'd become less powerful, because we'd lose all sense of perspective.

Tarot cards and the like aren't for me.
  • Options
    I don't want to know what's going to happen to me. It'd take away all the fun. I wouldn't want to know if things I worry about now will work out great any more than I want to know if I'll die in a plane crash after x many years. It'd ruin my life. ;)

And I've never done a tarot reading or anything of the sort. I'm boring like that. :P
  • Options
    they don't say stuff like 'you will die in a horrible car crash. it will be a wednesday'.

it's just generally where you are in your life, what might happen, and how you can deal with problems.
  • Options
    my mum bought this tarot set called the inner child and taught me to do it ages ago. we used to use the cards to make up stores sometimes......:blush:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Seeing into the future
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    Personally, I wouldn't like to see into my own future. I like surprises. Life would be boring if you knew what was coming to you, day after day. Whatever happens, happens.
    Exactly.

As for tarot, I haven't. I know someone who had, and like Kaff she was saying that the reader had been right about many things, but the rest of us managed to explain to her how she had practically told the tarot-person all the answers herself without noticing.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Seeing into the future
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    As for tarot, I haven't. I know someone who had, and like Kaff she was saying that the reader had been right about many things, but the rest of us managed to explain to her how she had practically told the tarot-person all the answers herself without noticing.

i'm very careful not to give anything away. yes and no answers, that kind of thing.

i have been to a couple who have just generalised, but the last one i went to was spot on about everything. and i was quite sceptical of her, so i was putting my poker face on.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Re: Re: Seeing into the future
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    the last one i went to was spot on about everything. and i was quite sceptical of her, so i was putting my poker face on.
    Hm, interesting... I don't dismiss the possibility of some people actually being able to "read" the future, but I still don't think you can find them that easily.
  • Options
    Nope, I wouldn't look in to the future... well maybe a hint or two but I wouldn't wanna know like... if I'm gonna die tomorrow or who I'll end up with ect
  • Options
    I wouldnt mind looking into my future, although I'll be getting extremely paranoid when I know a certain event is going to happen. I'll be like "shit, i'm gonna die tomorrow". How depressing would that be.

But as someone said, I think being able to look into the future is quite valuable because you can avoid mistakes that you would see yourself making.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lovin_ur_work
    But as someone said, I think being able to look into the future is quite valuable because you can avoid mistakes that you would see yourself making.

But if it's your future, then it's something that can't be changed as it wouldn't be your future you're seeing if you could alter it. :P

And I think it'd make life terribly dull and boring to know what'll happen. Things that would cheer you up or surprise you wouldn't as you've known for aeons about them. :P
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fáfnir VII
    But if it's your future, then it's something that can't be changed as it wouldn't be your future you're seeing if you could alter it.

Exactly.

Same goes for people who say that if they could time-travel they would go back in time to "un-invent" the time machine. But if they went back to a point in time before the time-machine was invented and thwart the plans of the design to prevent the invention thus the machine wouldn't exist and there would be no need for them to go back in time to un-invent it. Clear? :)
  • Options
    Sorry forgot to say that I wouldn't want to know anything about my future. Good or bad I'll take it as it comes. Makes life more interesting.
  • Options
    i wouldn't want to know my future, it would make life so boring if you knew what was coming next.

like ninjamaster, ill take the good and bad as it comes