Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nice Nokia eh ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Shame about the frigging ringtones.......they are shit :mad:

this phone has everything :
Camera
Voice recorder
Video
Torch
Radio
Sound lever thing
Compass
Timer
Stopwatch
Fitness coach
etc etc

so with all the time and effort put into providing a decent phone, why did they not give decent ringtones?

oops....might help if I show you the phone here

Comments

• Options
    I found the same thing with mine (a 3100). Ringtones aren't good though.
  • Options
    Not only that but that back cover, tha tbattery cover rather iis a bastard to try and get off, i was selling one over a month ago and out of 4 members of staff it took me over 30 minutes to get it off.... :eek2:

and no we were not weak :p It was very stiff ( not jokes please lol )
  • Options
    Its ugly. :(
  • Options
    Re: Nice Nokia eh ?
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    why did they not give decent ringtones?

So that Club Nokia can make more money by people having to purchase decent ringtones;)

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh
    Not only that but that back cover, tha tbattery cover rather iis a bastard to try and get off, i was selling one over a month ago and out of 4 members of staff it took me over 30 minutes to get it off.... :eek2:

and no we were not weak :p It was very stiff ( not jokes please lol )

Took my hubby 2 mins to get his off, he didnt have a stiffy one :p

Lisa Id disagree, its a lovely phone. Hubbys is the blue one, if i remember rightly the link is a red one ? the feel to the phone is very nice, cant explain but it just feels nice.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I would love a Nokia 6230
  • Options
    You can drop that phone and it won't take any damage apparently, I know someone who had one similar and played football with it :confused:
  • Options
    i wouldnt really try it though
  • Options
    People take cell phones these days far too seriously. Ohh, gotta buy a new one every week with the new features. Gotta have 8 million options on everything. Bla bla bla. It sickens me. And text messaging sickens me to the point where I just want to cut peoples fingers off, duct tape them to their phone and shove it up their own ass. I'd be satisified with two paper cups and a very long piece of string. Why must people have thier lives revolve around their cell phones? [/rant]
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    People take cell phones these days far too seriously. Ohh, gotta buy a new one every week with the new features. Gotta have 8 million options on everything. Bla bla bla. It sickens me. And text messaging sickens me to the point where I just want to cut peoples fingers off, duct tape them to their phone and shove it up their own ass. I'd be satisified with two paper cups and a very long piece of string. Why must people have thier lives revolve around their cell phones? [/rant]

Most of the time I speak face to face to people, but I use my mobile phone to contact people so I can meet up with them face to face. Games and things are just fun to waste time when I'm bored, and text messaging is easier than ringing up and saying "come round mine at 4, bye".
  • Options

They're more convenient to the vast majority of the population, perhaps?
  • Options
    I agree with my_name, but if you're seriously looking for a good mobile phone, then get a Sony Ericcsson or Sharp.
    Nokia is really the worst crap you could get (sorry 'bout that).
    The only thing that's "okay" about them is that they're quite hard to break (but I would try nevertheless :D ).

and still, I'd stop spening money/time on ringtones or stuff like that! it really isn't important in life that you can impress the peer-pressure-driven people around you with the newest, crap-sounding, chart-hit-ripoff-ringtone.

and if you're still despereate for sounds then at least make them yourself (same as for themes).

no offense, that's just my 2 cents...
  • Options
    Conviency has nothing to do with wanting a million things and options. Is it really necessary to be able to hear some pop chart hit whenever your lover calls? or needing a contact list that can hold 5000 numbers when you damn well know inside that you won't use anymore than 10 regularly. Its just the unnecassary, but fun, options and when people go insane and spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for something so stupid.
  • Options
    Conviency has nothing to do with wanting a million things and options. Is it really necessary to be able to hear some pop chart hit whenever your lover calls? or needing a contact list that can hold 5000 numbers when you damn well know inside that you won't use anymore than 10 regularly. Its just the unnecassary, but fun, options and when people go insane and spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for something so stupid.

so true.

things i look for in a phone - makes calls. sends texts. vibrating alert so i can have it silent, or know it's ringing when i have headphones on. the end.

why it has to be in colour, or take photos, or make the tea, i have no idea.
  • Options
    People like to have the best they can get. Some people anyway. You probably know the answers to all of these questions, you just can't understand them. I can honestly say I wouldn't be happy with this.
  • Options
    Well phones don't determine my happiness. I have a cell, it has no color, very few ring tones, no games, hardly anything. And of all the years I've owned a phone I have *never* even signed up for text messeging. Nor have I ever even considered it. Calling somebody for a 10 second conversation telling them to come over is easy, less annoying to others, cheaper and safer when you are out and about. 99% of my phone conversations are nothing more than that. Most people like to have the best they can get for nothing more than braggin purposes. There is no real reason why you need so many different things. I just don't get impressed when people show it off. Not my fault. I like plain and simple. It works and its effective.
  • Options
    Well, that's understandable.

However at the same time, every function on my phone is taken advantage of. I can upload anything from my phone onto my computer and vica versa. Having loads of pictures on stuff on my comp' is useful, for me. I put music on my phone to listen to. More convenient than carrying a minidisk around with me. There are no games, but if I wanted any I could put them on using the USB cable. I use the WAP to find out information and if I'm generally bored shitless - Like the other day when I was stuck in crazy traffic and went onto the Maddox website.

I'd happily buy a phone that is as useful to me as the one I've got now.
  • Options
    I think the technology in mobile phones is excellent and moving with the times I would always like the most up-to-date phone (shame I can't afford but that is life). I have this and I use all the functions on it, I use the camera which is of good quality, i can then transfer the pics onto my computer and print them out if I want.
    No the pop chart hit is not necessary but why not?? Especially with the newer ones where you can download full songs (not ringtones) and them set them as a ringtone, i'd much prefer that than the standard monophonic cheesy shit that come standard on a mobile.
    I know I have about 150 numbers in my phone, I think it can hold about 500 but I only use my for personal reasons, I use it as my phonebook. That is like saying what is the point of having a phonebook next to the house phone which has 50pages in it when if all the numbers were together they would fit on 1-page. Also what about people who use them for business reasons, If i used my mobile for my work I would have thousands of contacts in it.
  • Options
    Is it really necessary to be able to hear some pop chart hit

No it's not necessary but it's a hell of a lot easier because you are able to work out whether it's your phone ringing or someone elses when in a packed place.

People's opinions differ. You can't see the plus side of some of the new technology, others can. You don't see the point of texting, i do. Sometimes it's fun when something pops into your head and makes you laugh, to be able to quickly type in a little message and send to a mate. Like i'm going to bloody ring her up just to say "hey can you remember last night what that bloke said" or something like that.
  • Options
    i have this fone. suits me because i often sit workin with it on silent, and it flashes bloody brightly if i get a call/text.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    i have this fone. suits me because i often sit workin with it on silent, and it flashes bloody brightly if i get a call/text.
    Aww I love that phone, I've had my little white mobly for a while now, and still love it.. It's so cute :D

Ilora x
  • Options
    Things are different in the UK though Myname.
    For starters we don't pay extra for text services, it's all included.
    Secondly, we don't pay for the phones, they come included with the contract you sign up for, then each year you pay a small fraction of the phone's worth for a new one.

If we had to pay £250 every time we wanted a new one I'm sure we'd have the same skeptical outlook on the entire thing as you, but we don't.
    Besides, you're just jealous because we get all the good stuff first.
    I remember when we had our first colour phones coming out the Yanks were still stuck with this
    http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/5165
  • Options
    Finally I said goodbye to my ancient 402 and took the plunge and got the 6600:

nk6600.jpg

Similar to the headline phone on this topic, but without the radio.