Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sex or time?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
would it be worse if your boy/girlfriend was:

a. sleeping with someone else

or

b. spending time, going out and having fun with someone else?

Comments

• Options
    sleeping with! definately!
    That would be the worst thing that could happen to a relationship. (probably)
    at least if your partner is spending a lot of time/having fun with someone else then it could be completely innocent but if theyre sleeping together then its pure backstabbing in my opinion
  • Options
    oo i forgot to answer myself!

its a tough one. if i found out my boyfriend was as good as having a relationship with someone else but not sleeping with them, that would hurt.
    but then if i found out it was purely sex that'd hurt too.

i dunno which would be worse though
  • Options
    sleeping with them :mad:
  • Options
    wat if they only slept with them once?
  • Options
    Its still bad. I can handle other girlies being close to my man, but if anyone slept with him or tried it.....well lets just say they would be spending a couple of weeks in hopsital.
  • Options
    erm probably the spending time with etc. because i know from my last relationship that what brought us together and made me realise that i loved him was the time we spent together. For me to be able to sit down with a bloke and discuss my past, my feelings, my problems etc. i have to really like them so i base my answer on this. I suppose it depends how close the two of them had got.

I know from past experience it doesn't take deep emotions to sleep with someone. For many people it does but for some of us there are other underlying problems which compell us to think sex can solve them.
  • Options
    Annoyed at both.

I'd say ta-ta to him. But then embaress myself by asking for him back, three times. :(
  • Options
    Well, the sex ultimately I guess, but the other stuff would still get me pretty wound up, and could end the relationship if it wasn't dealt with pretty quickly...
  • Options
    Definitely sleeping with someone else. It can't really be much worse than that. If he was sleeping with someone else on a regular basis then I'd get rid straight away.
  • Options
    Re: sex or time?
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    would you be more annoyed if your boy/girlfriend was:

or

Surely if they're sleeping with someone they are also having fun and spending time with them? :eek2:
  • Options
    Re: Re: sex or time?
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Surely if they're sleeping with someone they are also having fun and spending time with them? :eek2:

no they might not. they could just be meeting up with them for sex
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: sex or time?
    no they might not. they could just be meeting up with them for sex

All I can say is one Day Your Prince Will Come -and in the mean time drop this jerk like a hot potato
  • Options
    Re: sex or time?

It's over.

If it was the same sex then i'd have no problems. But if it was the opposite sex then i'd trust my g\f but not the other bloke. Unless I knew him very well.

<br><marquee align="center" loop="infinte"><font color="666666">.:</font><font color="ff6600">Crispy</font><font color="666666">:.</font></marquee><br></font>
  • Options
    why would it be wrong for them to go out and have fun with somebody else. surly you don't own your boyfriend/girlfriend and they have other friends, either male or female. You're not the only person in their life. posesiveness is scary.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    why would it be wrong for them to go out and have fun with somebody else. surly you don't own your boyfriend/girlfriend and they have other friends, either male or female. You're not the only person in their life. posesiveness is scary.

i meant romantically. like going on dates, cuddeling, holding hands, spending time layed on each others beds etc
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: sex or time?
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    All I can say is one Day Your Prince Will Come -and in the mean time drop this jerk like a hot potato

the question is nothing to do with me. it is just a random question
  • Options
    Sex.

Though sometimes sex can be without feelings and perhaps spending time together is more sort of with feelings if that makes sense?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    Though sometimes sex can be without feelings and perhaps spending time together is more sort of with feelings if that makes sense?

yup they are the lines i was thinking along too
  • Options
    Both would piss me right off. But having sex with someone is a total betrayal. :mad:
    Been there before both ways, and it sucks.
  • Options
    if my guy slept with sum1 i would b rly hurt but id just say oh well u did it to me so im guna do it to you an then they never do it again
  • Options
    The spending time one would be worse in my opinion if it was the holding hands, hugging, going on dates etc type thing rather than just normal friend stuff. Sleeping with someone else would be awful, but not as bad, I don't think. Bastard either way though.
  • Options
    Spending time with them i think, im a very jealous person and i wouldnt be happy. Then again i wouldnt be happy about the sex. so id say "bye bye" :wave:
  • Options
    Originally posted by loopylisa123
    if my guy slept with sum1 i would b rly hurt but id just say oh well u did it to me so im guna do it to you an then they never do it again

you have a lot to learn....
  • Options
    Originally posted by loopylisa123

*chuckle*

Sorry but that really doesn't work. Usually they end up just as hurt/pissed off as you and the whole relationship goes down the drain.
  • Options
    Defintely sleeping with someone else. I mean, if he/she went out with someone. Technically they ain't doing anything wrong. They aint cheating on you. Probably would be jealous but wouldn't end a relationship with that person for going out with another person for a night out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    I can handle other girlies being close to my man, but if anyone slept with him or tried it.....well lets just say they would be spending a couple of weeks in hopsital.

Why's that ? ...cos he's got better at Spanking?? :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_ha
    The spending time one would be worse in my opinion if it was the holding hands, hugging, going on dates etc type thing rather than just normal friend stuff.

yep...thats wat i meant in my question when i said spending time with, i probably should have been more clear :)
  • Options
    i'd be pissed of at both.

if it was sex then we'd have to split up

and if it was the holding hands n shit then we'd have to talk about it, and if she carried on then have to split up.
  • Options
    I'd be hurt at both as well. I'm insecure and can get really jealous. If I found out my boyfriend was spending time with a girl I would want to know why and I'd be upset. But if he slept with someone else that would be the ultimate betrayal and he would have to go.
  • Options
    Sex is just sex innit, so i'd say i'd be more hurt by the spending time together thing.