Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gameboy Advance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Our becks has one and since she got it it seems to me as though you cant really see the screen too well. The picture just never seems to clever. Is this normal ?

It was a free one that we got with a phone quite some time ago so thats why i didnt ask at the shop.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Wrong Forum :p

Have you tried adjusting the brightness or contrast?
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Wrong Forum :p

Have you tried adjusting the brightness or contrast?

To be honest I thought after I posted, should this be here :blush:

and I didnt know it had a brightness or contrast thing :eek2:
    wheres that at ?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    To be honest I thought after I posted, should this be here :blush:

and I didnt know it had a brightness or contrast thing :eek2:
    wheres that at ?
    Its usually on the side of the device, or it used to be anyway.
  • Options
    Th gameboy advance, which looks a bit like this:
    http://pcweb.mycom.co.jp/news/2002/01/28/19l.jpg

has some extreme problems with it's screen. The brightness and contrast will always seem afwful, and it's quite difficult to see the screen image without good room lighing. Unfortunatly, there is not much you can do about it, maybe consider buying a light to attach to it.

The game boy advance sp, whih looks more like this:
    http://shop.eurogamer.net/catalogue/titles/93_phull.jpg

solved the problem of the screen, it has a light built into it, and works much better than the gameboy advance.

If you have the gameboy advance I doubt there is much you can do Becky. If it is the SP, then try altering the brightness, otherwise it needs more lighting, or something is wrong with it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Mini-Ninja used to have a GB Advance but I bought him a GB SP purely for the light problem. Even after buying a clip-on light it still wasn't great and I was worried the damage he was doing to his eyes.

Much better with the back-lit SP. :)
  • Options
    May be worth noting that if you look at these things on a slant you won't see anything. That might have nothing to do with it if you've seen it straight-on. Just wanted to help. That's all. ;((
  • Options
    you can have it sent somewhere to install an afterburner. it can be expensive though, i think.

linky
  • Options
    Klever the first link you put up is hers, we did buy a light but thats fairly crap tbh.

thanks for the info, least its not just hers that has a problem.

Cheers :)
  • Options
    hm... I've got a GBA since over a year (the original, non-backlit one) but never really had those problems.
    of course the screen can be dark sometimes, but as long as you're in a fairly well lit room it looks much better than on a GBA SP (because the backlight makes the colors so pale imo).
  • Options
    Mr Kaffrin:

the front of the gba has a VERY reflective screen so putting a light on top does virtually nothing.

it needs perfect ambient room lighting to get the best out of it, hence the gba sp with built in backlight.

if you can get an afterburner put in, do it, usually about £40... or buy an sp.

nintendo, taking kiddies money since 1889 (yes you did read that right. 1889).