Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Which tribe are you?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
In an attempt to understand the youth of today, the Government has come up with ten social tribes, of which you must belong to one and only one. According to this, these are:

1 Skaters belong to an almost exclusively boy tribe, they prefer pasty Green Day and Blink 182 to more healthy pop stars, and re-create the look with spiky hair and chunky steel chains. Skate labels and outdoor brands such as O’Neill are popular.

2 Geeks (sometimes known as Academics) tend to listen to whatever is playing on the radio (particularly Radio 1) and are not swayed by fashion trends, preferring to stay middle of the road and inconspicuous.

3 Gangstas love rap and hip-hop stars such as Eminem, Nelly and Destiny’s Child. They nearly all listen to the same bands as each other. They go for designer brands, the latest sportswear and “bling”. While originally rooted in black music and style culture, the Gangsta tribe is aspirational for white, black and Asian young people. Gangsta characteristics are about attitude and swagger and not to be confused with criminal behaviour.

4 Scallies are too young to drive but obsessed with cars. The girls favour big gold-hoop earrings while the boys stick to casual sportswear and caps. Hard house and original ‘Madchester’ anthems are popular, as well as the mainstream charts.

5 Goths, unlike other tribes, do not all listen to the same bands as each other, although they are typified by an affinity for gloomy music. Idols include Marilyn Manson, the Sisters of Mercy and Black Sabbath. They wear pasty white make-up and black clothes

6 Trendies are achingly hip, dedicated followers of fashion who hanker after designer clothes but only from hip, no-brand designers. Music tastes are eclectic and include the Kings of Leon and the Libertines.

7 Townies are fond of dance music and indie-esque bands such as Oasis, Travis and the Stereophonics. Fashion favourites include Ben Sherman shirts or a Topshop outfit for a night out.

8 Sporties are probably the least challenging of parental authority. They are clean-living with an active lifestyle. Their pop role models are healthy types such as Holly Valance and Justin Timberlake and their clothing is the latest tracksuit and sportswear.

9 Indies derive their name from Indie music, originally produced by small, independent record companies or the bands themselves. In their current incarnation they can be seen sporting the quasi-Mohican look. Their music tastes are rooted in Velvet Underground and The Smiths. Currently they love The Hives, Coldplay and going to gigs.

10 Moshers idolise Kurt Cobain and their style is ruled by comfort. Typical garb will include a band’s tour T-shirt. Rock music is a favourite, with Keane and Jet the bands of choice.

Oh dear.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There is an element of truth to it though. I'm sure we can all identify the various groups (aka "tribes") on the street. And I'd agree that they're the ten main ones. Though I'd have thought there was next to nothing to pick between scallies and townies.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i personally, after reading them all, dont think i belong in any of those groups.
  • Options
    i sound like a geek
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    i personally, after reading them all, dont think i belong in any of those groups.

You aren't sixteen anymore. ;)

This is the first time I've ever been called a mosher, a gansta, a trendy, a geek or an indie before.

But ohmigod, which one do I chose? Somebody help me out please. :(
  • Options
    I am an Indy Geek apparantly ::p

(except im listening to BBC Radio 2)

Edit: Only one, hm geek then. Lousy Government.
  • Options
    Haha I saw these in the TES yesterday it must have been and launched into a five minute rant to my parents about the govt is talking out of its arse. And then it mentioned talk to frank and I was off again. That's my views on it.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    You aren't sixteen anymore. ;)

whoops. didnt read that bit. it was early this morning that i read it :(
  • Options
    I'd be classed as a trendy, most probably. However, I do buy clothes from Topshop, and listen music in almost every other catagory.

So...that'd make me a Skater-geek-goth-townie-sportie-indie-mosher-trendy, then. Hmm, the irony.
  • Options
    I don't really fit into any of those.
  • Options
    ooh err, i don't think i exist. :/
  • Options
    The only one I nearly fit into is the geek category :eek2:
  • Options
    i appear to be a trendy townie indie mosher.
    bloody hell.

i love how the different bands they've chosen pretty much fit into the same category; Keane, Jet, Kings of Leon the Libertines Oasis, Travis etc.. mostly the first four though
  • Options
    Trendie Indie, tbh.

What an utter load of bollocks, mind. The word "trendie" is fucking retarded and I would be ashamed to belong to that group, merely because of the title.
  • Options
    i was probably a townie geek
  • Options
    well when i as 16 i just wore whatever i had, ie just plain, slightly townieish but didnt like any major forms of music

i gradually gto into metal and dance and dressd in err gig hoodies etc andplain, still do but i listen to all sorts now, just mainly metal, general dance and industrial now

never got when people say "im emo-goth" or "ska-metal" cause well everyone like more than one type, even if they jsut prefer one
  • Options
    i'll stick with the spanish label thanks: sinestra (sinester).
  • Options
    I'm not reallyany of those, but the one that seems closest to me is Geek :eek2:
  • Options
    :lol: That's Funny... Closest thing that describes me is being part of the Geek Tribe.

I'm A Geek **Pushes Glasses up Me Nose with Me Finger** :D