Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how to curl

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
howdy ho peeps :) *good mood*

rightey,im going back to school on wednesday + i've decided to change my hair. last year,i always wore it straight,because thats how it is naturally. i'd quite like to wave it,does anyone have any tips? apart from use straightners (cos i have futura straightners + they're v good,but chunky) or mouse + scrunch,because im hopeless at that,lol.

cheers mucho :)

Comments

• Options
    try pleating it before you go to bed...then take the braids out in the morning and you will have wavey hair! Thats probably the most hassle free way. Or you could buy tongs... :)
  • Options
    i tried pleating it,but u'no how sods law works.if i do it for a sunday,it'll look great + no1 will see it coz its sunday + we never do anything on sundays. then,if i do it for monday + im going out,its awful! why is that?

tongs are a good idea tho,cheers :)
  • Options
    I have naturally wavy hair, so I don't know if it'll work for you.. but....

What I do is wash it n all that stuff, towel dry it, then stick it up in a tight bun with one hairband... sleep on it, then the next day, it's curly/wavy as hell, but looks great :D

Ilora x
  • Options
    Does your hair have a kink to it?

Recently, I've found out that if I dry my hair until it's just a wee bit damp, and totally fling loads of mousse on it and scrunch it like mad, it looks all yon beach wave effect.

Diffusing it works a treat too.

Just make sure when you dry your hair, you don't dry it until it's all dry. If you do, put your hands under a tap and run your hands through your hair. Then go at it with the mousse :D

Works wonders for me! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    What I do is wash it n all that stuff, towel dry it, then stick it up in a tight bun with one hairband... sleep on it, then the next day, it's curly/wavy as hell, but looks great :D

Ilora x

ooh,did that by accident last week + it looks great :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Does your hair have a kink to it?

Recently, I've found out that if I dry my hair until it's just a wee bit damp, and totally fling loads of mousse on it and scrunch it like mad, it looks all yon beach wave effect.

Diffusing it works a treat too.

Just make sure when you dry your hair, you don't dry it until it's all dry. If you do, put your hands under a tap and run your hands through your hair. Then go at it with the mousse :D

Works wonders for me! :D

my hairs got a wee bit of a kink to it,not much tho.i've been drying it mostly then clipping my front bits back with section clips to make my layers a bit wavy *i have shitloads of layers to make my hair look thicker cos its SO thin* which is very fab,but it doesnt hide my split ends :( (wouldn't let the hairdresser cut them last time cos i like my length) how do i diffuse my hair?
  • Options
    1 - Wash hair
    2 - Dry it until it's dry on top, and wet at bottom.
    3 - Apply almond sized amounts of mousse onto the top of your hair and scrunch small handfuls of it into your head.
    4 - Apply more mousse into the ends of your hair and scrunch into your head.
    5 - Flick your head forward and scrunch your hair into your head with more small amounts of mousse.
    6 - Flick your head back, it'll look like a MAD afro gone wild.
    7 - Apply more mousse where desired.
    8 - Flick head forward again and diffuse hair in small clumps and tip head back and admire beach-like waves.

Voila. :D
  • Options
    thank u dear :) but holy shit,those diffuser things look scary :eek: do i jus pile my hair into it + move it about?soz,i know nothing about hair,just lotions + potions *yes*
  • Options
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    thank u dear :) but holy shit,those diffuser things look scary :eek: do i jus pile my hair into it + move it about?soz,i know nothing about hair,just lotions + potions *yes*

Yeah, just move it in circular movements. I'll post a pic of what it makes my hair look like, I'm wearing it like that tonight before I go and shake my shammy! ;p
  • Options
    thanks so much dear :) bet ur hairs luverly,send me a piccy sumtime so i no what mine's meant to look like! btw,i lurve ur signiture,its uber cute :)
  • Options
    Curls/Afro/Waves

Excuse drunken cheeser, was tanning the lambrini quite hard. :(
  • Options
    Curls/Afro/Waves

Excuse drunken cheeser, was tanning the lambrini quite hard. :(

Oh that is way cute :thumb:
  • Options
    Don't put too much mousse in or your hair will get that horrible, hard, crunchy feeling that results from fuck loadsa mousse.

And, Becky, your hair is puuurrrrty.

My hair is curly anyway, so I just wash it and I look like a doll. :/
  • Options
    my hair is naturally wavy too.. but this is what i learned from doing it...

1. as soon as you get out of the shower don't brush your hair... (i would recommend combing it in the shower with conditioner in your hair)

2. flip your head over and scrunch your hair with a towel... but don't rub your hair with the towel.. if you get what i mean..

3. (i have really long and thick hair so i have to do this but you might not have to) flip your hair to the side and continue scrunching.. then flip your hair to the other side and scrunch some more

4. i would recommend using gel or hairspray instead of mouse.. but mouse works ok too... put a bunch of mouse or gel in your hands flip your head over and scrunch and work the gel through your hair

5. just let your hair air dry and if you need it once it's dry take a curling iron and just curl a couple of sections.. but not your whole head

6. if you have bangs... straighten your bangs... it makes your hair look curlier than it is
  • Options
    I don't like that whole scrunched-with-mousse look. It looks to firm and sticky. Curling with straighteners is your best bet, or putting your hair into plaited bunches when wet and leaving it to dry.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    putting your hair into plaited bunches when wet and leaving it to dry.

See I did that, but my hair's SO thick the waves fall out and get weighed down straight again, it SUCKS. :(
  • Options
    See I did that, but my hair's SO thick the waves fall out and get weighed down straight again, it SUCKS. :(
    Heh :(

Straighteners it is then :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    I don't like that whole scrunched-with-mousse look. It looks to firm and sticky. Curling with straighteners is your best bet, or putting your hair into plaited bunches when wet and leaving it to dry.

that's why i dont' use mouse.. i use gel or hairspray.. and my hair is never firm and sticky looking or feeling...