Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lashing out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So... I seem to snap way too easily at those I like the most, always for some very stupid reasons. It has started bothering me immensely, but I don't really know what I can do to stop it. And while I'm at a loss as of how to tackle this problem, I fear that in the meanwhile, I will drive people away from me. The people I care for the most.

I'm not sure where it's rooted, but I get defensive really easilly, and often without having reason to be. I get annoyed and either say something there is no need for, or simply sound very pissed off (which in turn pisses other people off :P). And afterwards, I start feeling really guilty for doing it.

It's something I really want to put an end to, I don't want to be known as a snappy bitch. :P

Comments

• Options
    Have the same problem myself mate, took loads of time to learn to control it.

First step is being able to apologise, and mean it, quickly. Don't let these things stew when you've made a mistake.

Second step, and every step thereafter, is to try to lengthen the fuse, give people a warning shot if need be, ask them to repeat what they've said and get some clarity on what they mean. Don't get pissed off unless you need to. Because it's the case with many people that you have things that are no-go areas.
  • Options
    I've been trying to hold back and wait to say things until I see things 'more clearly' whenever I start feeling snappy.
    But I guess what I also need to start doing is to apologise more. I often feel too stupid to want to bring it up, or too stubborn to give in even if I know I'm being bitchy for no reason. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply! :)
  • Options
    Apology is the way forward mate.
  • Options
    i went through a phase were i kept everything to myself then all of a sudden everything would piss me off, i would go nuts over nothing. i learnt to chill, i think i may have been stressed to the fucking eye balls, try chilling and it might help :)