Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tiredness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi this has probably been done but im in a rush for work so i cant search sorry.

The thing is i have to wake up at 7 everyday for work right apart from weekends. I go to bed at 10pm so i know i will get a decent ammount of hours rest. The thing is i always wake up tired and acting like a zombie!

Does anyone have any tips on as to how i can wake up and actually feel awake please? Unlike me whos tired all day everyday.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    There could be any number of reasons for you not feeling awake during the day.

Is your sleep disturbed? Do you wake up often? Are you over weight?

Also, being tired all the time is ONE of the symptoms of being depressed. I am not suggesting that you are, but its an option.

Also, how much activity do you do during the day? If you are only mentally tired then you wont sleep that well and the cycle continues.

You may also be sleeping too much, you might want to actually cut down on your sleep and see how you feel.
  • Options
    AS a short-term lift, vitamin supplements like Berocca are good, but don't overdo it! Best thing to do is to see your GP if you really can't see a reason. Can be a smptom of all sorts, from depression to anaemia.
  • Options
    Vitamin suppliments will only have a noticable effect if he/she is lacking in them.
  • Options
    Regular exercise is really important. It's hard at first because you feel knackered after work but you'll soon feel the benefit. Check out these articles:

fitness and mental health

getting fit
  • Options
    Im not overweiht im quite slim and i usually sleep from roughly 10:30pm to 7am.

I already take vitamins but the dexcersize bit may be a good place to start.

I was depressed but im on anti depressants and im feeling better now.
  • Options
    Try drinking a glass of warm milk with honey at bedtime and try and stay away from tea, coffee and chocolate. They will keep you awake.

When ya wake up, jump into the shower to help you feel refreshed and listen to loud upbeat music on your way to work perhaps to livin youself up a bit. I always do that when I'm walking to work/college.