Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Polo Shirts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Issit me or are these pieces of crap coming back into style?

I rememebr em from rude bwoys and the horrible image I sued to blindely follow as a kid :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Some polo shirts are nice. If you play golf. The only other people I've seen wearing them are neds ;[
  • Options
    Polo shirts are ok on middle aged men... like my dad. He wears one sometimes, a red and grey England one.

Otherwise, yes, theycomplete the outfit of choice for the charver.
  • Options
    Some of them can look OK.

Topman have a couple (I mean a couple) of quite cute ones.

You have to wear it with a funky pair of jeans and trainers, you have to have the neck buttons undone, and it helps if you wear a funky bag with it too.

Still, I bought a a different one and I had to give it back because it was just neddy. You need to have the proper look to wear something like that though, the wrong combo will make you look like a dirty little theif.
  • Options
    I like 'em.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    I like 'em.

But in Denmark are they the fashion of choice for townies?
  • Options
    Wouldn't know.
    The time I spend with townies is too limited for me to notice... :p
  • Options
    Some townie people are quite nice people i know a few who are nothing like how they are stereotyped apart from the dress code but yeah the gobby ones who act hard 24/7 deserve to be killed with a chainsaw!

I guess i look like a townie but im just unique old me, i wear what i like the look of providing everyone isnt wearing it cos that just sucks.

I quite like polo shirts i wear them quite often, they have to be tommy hilfiger or ralph lauren though.

I wear a new york yankees baseball cap too quite a lot i dunno if thats classed as townie wear. I never wear trackies now but used to.

I cant be a proper townie cos i hate burberry! the baseball caps are fucking ugly looking and boring but most of the people wearing them whatever age walk around/drive in their nova acting like they are shit hot.
  • Options
    I've only worn them at work when they were given to us to wear to save ruining our own clothes. Oh, hang on, I have worn them at other times too, but only as part of a team, etc. Never as a fashion item - they're just too pikey for that.
  • Options
    I never realised people looked down upon the wearing of polo shirts so much. I love em, its one of the few types of clothes i do like wearing. usually in darker colours, as they suit me better though. I have a thing about not having a collar though.

Come to think of it ( not that ive looked ) but upon thinking about it i donr recall seeing many people wearing polo shirts :chin: i think its time i change what i wear
  • Options
    >>Shudder<<

If I see another Avirex wearin street scum I'm gonna run him over!!

I really wanna buy a paintball gun and shoot paint all over street rats (13 year old pricks wearin complete sports BS that stay out until about 11pm around off licenses begging customers to buy em stuff that they normally wouldn't get served for)

No I won't buy you fags .. grow your lungs before you fill em full of shite!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Davy
    No I won't buy you fags .. grow your lungs before you fill em full of shite!!

I think its law now if you are caught buying fags for the underage you can be fined.

I`d like to know if the police would even be bothered enough to waste time and enforce it.

My 12 year old neice smokes i wish she`d stop trying to act grown up and fuck them off but what can ya do.
  • Options
    They are indeed in fashion, and yeah as most people have said you can look like a townie if you dont wearr it the right way.

I got my self one the other day and wear it with some ripped slightly baggy jeans, all buttons undone, a bandenah around my wrist and a pair of all stars. Looks good enough. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lovin_ur_work
    ...wear it with some ripped slightly baggy jeans, all buttons undone, a bandenah around my wrist and a pair of all stars. Looks good enough. :)
    Oi dat's my look! :D :cool:
  • Options
    Theres nothing wrong with polo's i got some classy pink ralph lauren ones that I love to bits!
  • Options
    Originally posted by NaRaYaN
    Theres nothing wrong with polo's i got some classy pink ralph lauren ones that I love to bits!

Dirty shned.
  • Options
    Problem is, anything that neds wear gets rendered as a bad thing to wear. I fear one day that neds will start wearing suit jackets, ripped jeans, stripey bright T-shirts, uber leet belts, etc... Down the park or high-street while drinking their 3L bottle of White Lightening.