Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

election priorities

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
when the GE comes up next, give us a rough order of what you MAIN priorities are

im trying to find the source which says immigration crime and terroism are bigger than health and edcation which personally is just stupid, as our biggest threat to freedom lies with david blunkett

Comments

• Options
    Health and Education are priorities for me. Higher taxes if need be.
  • Options
    i forgot to answer my own question

personally health and education come first, as in reforming them, and removing inefficiencies and then increasing useful funding

and even with tuition fees coming in, the government continuing to fund most of the fees as they do at moment, and increasing that with inflation so the universities dont go into debt, and scrapping 50% target, and increasing vocational job placements etc and also finding a way to limit social sciences placements, for subjects like psychology and media studies, but definetly doing that for A Levels as 3 A Levels in Media, film and photograpthy cany have any real use

removing the anti terroism laws

decriminaling drugs possesion but not dealing, and increasing treatment places to well over 100,000 - i wish :p

and secondry schools having things which students have to do to include english, maths, language, at least single science and no student can be denied a double science place, and having them forced to do subjects of different groups like "arts", "sciences", "vocational"

turning all railway companies into competing not for profit organisations

and praying for david blunketts departure as home secretery and hope ID cards never come in and no more privacy taken away
  • Options
    if we didnt have education and welfare systems then there would be no point in having terrorist protection cause we would all be buggered anyway
  • Options
    Education, environment and health.
  • Options
    Transport

The Military

Secondary Education(especially yrs 10+11)

Higher Education

Council Tax

National Security, not against Terrorism in particular but from threats like flooding, power outages, fuel crises etc.
  • Options
    I am not British, but I assume that it's the same priorities whether I am voting there or here...

Either way first and foremost the most important is Foreign Policies.
    Secondly it's health and education (they are the same for me).
  • Options
    Crime, Education, Armed Forces
  • Options
    - Foreign policy
    - Public services (health, education, transport)
    - Environment
  • Options
    Defence (less cuts please)

Transport (upgrade the Kilmarnock-Dumfries railway line now!)

Europe (In, not run by)
  • Options
    Making government smaller. Lower taxes through spending cuts and privitising.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Braineater
    National Security, not against Terrorism in particular but from threats like flooding, power outages, fuel crises etc.

so like a national infrastructure safety initiative

interesting idea :D
  • Options
    Public Services and who can reduce beaurocracy (sp) the most but because i can't vote for any parties it doesn't really matter.

ps any one else see the raving mad lunatic party or something like that running in one of the recent by-elections, vote for him next time around.
  • Options
    the official monster raving looney party

if they ever stand in my area i will vote for them
    http://www.omrlp.com/
  • Options
    Was this thread based on the recent Mori poll which showed that Iraq didn't even make the top ten of peoples priorities?

Personally, my number one overiding issue is not surprisingly health. Not just because I work in the sector, but because I can see a way forward which would be snatched away if another party came into power now. We need some stability and a change of Govt will not help.

TBH Foreign Policy is very low on my list. Very very low. Partly because the only other party likely to be elected really wouldn't have done much different to the current one.

Anyone (Matadore ;) ) who thinks that spending cuts and privatisation will help the UK economy has clearly been asleep for the past 20-odd years and has missed the fact that it was this policy in the 80s which had left the public services (and the utilities) in such a mess.