Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

heavily spotting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i am on the depoprovera shot and didn't a period last month,so it has come around time for me to come on,well on thursday i went to ozzfest and started lightly spotting about an hour(give or take a little bit)after i got out the pit.well it stopped on friday then saturday i went out to eat and fell because i started having pains in my right side(it felt almost as bas as my cramps used to feel)and then went to the bathroom and was spotting again.now i get by with wearing pantiliners and just changing them throughout the day,not bleeding enough for a tampon,but here is the wierd and gross part so if you can't handle it don't read any farther,the blood is a dark brown,like old blood at the end of your period,sometimes it will get like one spot of red but the rest is brown,this really worries me.think anything is wrong??since i have not had the best of luck with my female issues should i get it checked out,or call the doc?

Comments

• Options
    Theres no harm in checking with your doc.
  • Options
    I had this a couple months ago and I'm on depo too. I've been on it for years. I asked the practice nurse about it and she said it was down to a fault in the drug and nothing to worry about. However, as tweety said, if your concerned ask the doc!
  • Options
    well do you know about how long the bleeding will last?it is on its 7th day now and my periods normally don't last past 4 or 5 days.really annoying,lol

edited to say:i talked to the doc the other day and everything is fine,it just all needs to stop:(
  • Options
    going on 11 days now!grr:mad:
  • Options
    just to add,is heavy now,like a normal period for me,and doesn't seem to be slowing down at all,have any of you had this while on the shot?i think i might call the doc again
  • Options
    Brown blood is usually old blood, because blood has iron in it (it gives it its red colour), as soon as its exposed to the air it starts to oxidise (rust). But I recon lack of iron could do it too, maybe some iron supplements but you should see a doc to be sure.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jinx
    Brown blood is usually old blood, because blood has iron in it (it gives it its red colour), as soon as its exposed to the air it starts to oxidise (rust). But I recon lack of iron could do it too, maybe some iron supplements but you should see a doc to be sure.

i am anemic,and have to take over 40 mg of iron a day when the normal person usually gets just 18.the blood isn't brown anymore really,it has pretty much went opposite
  • Options
    Id go back to the doc's again if your worried.
  • Options
    there is nothing they can do about it,they can't make me stop bleeding,i just don't think that in september when it is time for my next shot that i will get back on it.i think if i am still bleeding then i am just gonna go on the pill instead.she put me on the shot because when i am on my period i bleed really heavily and since i am anemic it is not good for me,so she wanted to do that so that i wouldn't bleed at all.but i am so therefore it isn't doing me any good
  • Options
    i am going to just go ahead and get on the pill because i am still bleeding and it is not doing good for my anemia,i keep getting really weak and stuff.going to the doc on thursday for the pill
  • Options
    Originally posted by *ash*n*nick*
    there is nothing they can do about it,they can't make me stop bleeding,i just don't think that in september when it is time for my next shot that i will get back on it.i think if i am still bleeding then i am just gonna go on the pill instead.she put me on the shot because when i am on my period i bleed really heavily and since i am anemic it is not good for me,so she wanted to do that so that i wouldn't bleed at all.but i am so therefore it isn't doing me any good

i was bleeding for a month and was told i could have a progesterone injection to stop it, so i dont see why they are bullshitting about there being nothing they can do...

get a second opinion i reckon, because the pill wont make you stop