Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Newton Aycliffe really isn't getting the best healthcare

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    This is terrible, but what do you want to talk about?
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Bishop Auckland maternity ward scandal

And there was one about a 14 year old girl being given her dead foetus in a jar to take home with her after miscarrying but I can't find it.

I remember the story. But still... what are we debating this time?

Is this sort of thing wide-spread and under-reported? Should there have been changes made in Newton Aycliffe? etc etc
  • Options
  • Options
    Re: Newton Aycliffe really isn't getting the best healthcare
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth

Where on earth is Beckyboo?

Im here :D

Yeah I read this story and the doctor apparently used to be a police doctor .....dont know the truth about that or where to find out. The doctor in question is very wealthy so with a good solicitor he might not have too hard a time.

Fiend if you have nothing to offer in a debate then please be quiet. We have done many threads regarding the issue of the NHS healthcare etc in the North East of england.
  • Options
    At first I was trying to work out who Newton Aycliffe was and why his treatment was so important :p

This is another bad story about the NHS but then how often to the press print or report an "good news" story these days.

I come from an area which has suffered greatly from negative stories - Rodney Ledward, Clifford Ayling and the smear test scandal. Three huge stories with massive implications for the patients involved and ultimately for the NHS as a whole, all three in the last ten years.

They give a very poor impression of the NHS locally but I don't think that they reflect the service fairly. I suspect that is the case in County Durham too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    I suspect that is the case in County Durham too.

We do seem as though a lot of cases are being brought to our attention of late though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    We do seem as though a lot of cases are being brought to our attention of late though.

I know, and if I looked hard enough I could probably find more for you.

But do you know how many "good" things are done every day by your local service?

Look at the story above - GP may have killed patient. How many GP visits are there daily in your area, how many end with the patient feeling better?

Look at my three examples, over a short period. In the same period how many good things do you think that the same services achieved? How many patients we successfully treated by Gynaecology, how many women had their cancer detected by the smear?

It's all about perspective. If you only ever hear stories like this then you will think that your local service is appalling. If you only get the NHS version then you would think it's great. Neither will actually be totally correct...