Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

but why?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, my ex gf was at a gig i was at last night, and i met her bf for the first time, he's everything i hate, but more importantly shes everything she hates too, he isnt affectionate (wont kiss her cos he's a christian) , he'll barely hold hands with her, and i know shes really horny and stuff, and she used to get annoyed if i wasnt getting off with her 95% of the day, and talking to her on the phone telling her much i wish i was for the rest of it. Why would she do this, all her friends say he's really dull, that shes not her type and everything (taking into account shes an aetheist and hates christian morals) is she , even subconsciously, trying to punish me? Or has she totally flipped it

Comments

• Options
    No, she isn't trying to punish you at all. She isn't with you anymore. She is with him. As harsh as this sounds she probably doesn't give much thought to how her new relationship affects you.

Just because he doesn't live up to her 'type' and just because he isn't anything like you doesn't mean they can't have a successful relationship.

If you're getting this wound up every time you see her I would suggest you stop seeing her, even at gigs. Just avoid her completely because you're beating yourself up about her all the time!
  • Options
    yeah dude dont go worrying about how right for her he is youll only get more depressed about it.

As Bee says the fact is its over and you have to accept it if its hard to see her with her new bf then dont at least until you dont feel the urge to kick him in the head which was my problem.

Anyways, take it easy and take my wise words as it does get easy from a man who had a 3 1/2 year relationship and sat in his room getting stoned for 3 months convinced he didnt give a shit about his ex. Thats grieving for ya ;)
    .matt
  • Options
    ive tried everything to forget about her for the past 7 months but it wont go away
  • Options
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    ive tried everything to forget about her for the past 7 months but it wont go away

Don't see her. Seriously. I know how hard it is, I really really do. Loving someone is really difficult to get over so don't beat yourself up about it.
  • Options
    ive seen bery little of her and only once did i intentionally go where she was. I really wish she wouldn't do lots of little things to make me think she likes me still though, thats the most annoying part.
  • Options
    She might not even be doing it consciously you know, you obviously think about her a lot. Maybe you need to find something new to take up, to take your mind off her??
  • Options
    Originally posted by schokolade
    She might not even be doing it consciously you know, you obviously think about her a lot. Maybe you need to find something new to take up, to take your mind off her??
    ive taken up, two bands, jeet kune do, ninjitsu, tracking down old friends, collecting cds, collecting books, reading all the discworld books, and loadsve other stuff, i cant get her outve my head.
  • Options
    Re: but why?
    is she , even subconsciously, trying to punish me?
    If she's trying that, then she's punishing herself. Forget it, forget her. She wouldn't just be with someone to annoy you. She's not with you any more. Move on.
  • Options
    I believe in the saying "out of sight, out of mind" and from personal experience it does work. It takes a while but just avoid the places she will be and eventually you will be ok.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    I believe in the saying "out of sight, out of mind" and from personal experience it does work. It takes a while but just avoid the places she will be and eventually you will be ok.

this is the best advice anyone can give plus head out with your mates more and soon enough you'll forget who ever you want to forget :D
  • Options
    She doesn't do things to make you think she still likes you, pet. You interpret her normal actions as that, because you haven't got over her.

Your problem, not hers.
  • Options
    might sound strange but the best advice i have is to find someone else. even if not for a proper relationship, just get with someone else for a 'fling' yes you will still want your ex back but eventually you'll want this new girl but just not as much..so breaking up with new girl wont be as hard as you wont be as attached. this worked for me anyway (didnt really plan on getting with new girl, just happened btw)
    alternatively, two words (ok, and a number) Final Fantasy 7
  • Options
    Originally posted by icey

alternatively, two words (ok, and a number) Final Fantasy 7
    theres just no better time consuming game then FF7
    .matt
  • Options
    Originally posted by intrigue
    .matt

Bollocks - you haven't sampled obcession until Championship Manager

It should come with a warning like cigarettes! :eek:
  • Options
    But you're doing wrong boyo is convincing yourself you still have a shot in getting back with her. How is that helping yourself get over her?
    Stop listening to her friends. She is obviously with this bloke for a reason. You may not like it, but unfortunately that is something you need to deal with.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jon_UK
    Bollocks - you haven't sampled obcession until Championship Manager

It should come with a warning like cigarettes! :eek:

:lol: its true though, CM kills your social life lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    :lol: its true though, CM kills your social life lol

CM killed my sex life....!! I got very jealous of all the time my boyfriend spent with it. Hes been away (without it and me) for nearlly three months and I'm not sure which one he'll have been missing most.
  • Options
    ive taken up, two bands, jeet kune do, ninjitsu, tracking down old friends, collecting cds, collecting books, reading all the discworld books, and loadsve other stuff, i cant get her outve my head.

I agree with the others about finding someone new. The above list won't help you get over her at all. Maybe you could ask your mates to set you up with someone...hec, even go to a lap dancing club if it helps.

Ok, that last part probably won't help but it's still always fun :D
  • Options
    I've found that doin somethin really agressive helps when your hurting like this, my uncle teaches muay thai kickboxing so i decided to go along to his classes.
    ill tell ya there aint nothin like ramming your elbow into someone else's headguard to relieve some stress
  • Options
    Originally posted by intrigue
    .matt
    well since we broke up, ive completed, final fantasy 7 and most of 8, resident evil one, chris and jill, both discs of resident evil 2, code veronica, most of vice city, and ive started on silent hill two, and hitman 2, but its still hard to get rid of her. and about the violence thingy, its always a temporary fix cos i do ninjitsu and JKD, for the rest of that day i feel fine, but as it gets to night i still cant sleep, and i still wake up every hour after i do get to sleep, and i cant eat its all ugh
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~lil*butterfly~
    CM killed my sex life....!! I got very jealous of all the time my boyfriend spent with it. Hes been away (without it and me) for nearlly three months and I'm not sure which one he'll have been missing most.

I'm sure you're lovely but a girl just can't compete with CM, Eidos must have made a pact with the devil to make that game!