Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

This is more of a rant than anything

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently started working at a supermarket and I had to get their uniform. I asked for a size 10 which is abit bigger than me, but I thought I better get abit bigger. The shirt was fine but OH MY GOD the skirt was awful! These people who make these skirts obviously expect people to have a tiny waist, a HUGE bum and big thighs because this skirt is so pear shaped AND I AM NOT PEAR SHAPED! I have ended up with a size 6 skirt that I cant do the top button up on cos it's the only one that fits around my bum and hips! :mad:

Sorry just had to tell you lot! Anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Options
    i take a twelve so i thought it would be safe to order a 14 shirt for my work (i have e cup boobies) and that just gaped open all the time even though the rest of it was loose

beware of company uniforms!!!
  • Options
    can you not just go & buy a similar skirt that fits better?
  • Options
    I use to work in topman and they had a uniform in which you had to wear a striped t-shirt with topman on it. Prob was im a medium and they just had everything but that.....so I had to wear a large to work.
    No way near as bad as yours but im with you buddy!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lovin_ur_work
    I use to work in topman and they had a uniform in which you had to wear a striped t-shirt with topman on it. Prob was im a medium and they just had everything but that.....so I had to wear a large to work.
    No way near as bad as yours but im with you buddy!!

hahaha! what did you use to take your photos? are they photobooth ones? they're FAB. & yeah you're rather buff too...

but to make this comment at all relevant to the thread.
    i completely agree with your above comment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    hahaha! what did you use to take your photos? are they photobooth ones? they're FAB. & yeah you're rather buff too...

Yeah they were taken in a photo booth. I took one serious one for my driving license, and in the rest I just mucked around with different poses. Prob is you only have such a short amount of time between each photo so they arent as good as they should be :(
  • Options

Yeah they were taken in a photo booth. I took one serious one for my driving license, and in the rest I just mucked around with different poses. Prob is you only have such a short amount of time between each photo so they arent as good as they should be :(

:eek: *faints*

Good hell.....your lips, your face. *drools*

yeah so what if I was snooping in your pics :blush:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    :eek: *faints*

Good hell.....your lips, your face. *drools*

yeah so what if I was snooping in your pics :blush:

hahaha! thank you. I love your lip piercing by the way, very sexy!!
  • Options

well.
    they're good enough for me.

do you have any of your design work online? i'm always interested in seeing people's stuff. call me a nosey bastard.
  • Options
    well.
    they're good enough for me.

do you have any of your design work online? i'm always interested in seeing people's stuff. call me a nosey bastard.

Nope sorry...im still making my site. its taking aaagggess cos im using flash mx and its quite hard to work with. But ill pm you with the site when im done :D
  • Options
    ah jolly good! :]
  • Options
    can you not just go & buy a similar skirt that fits better?

Nope, gotta be the skirt they give you.
  • Options
    gutted!
    tell them it's affecting the way you work,
    it's totally vital you are able to move around in ease & comfort
    & you should really, be paid some form of bonus for your skirt-troubles.
    perhaps organise a strike?
    gather all the non-pear-shapes.. and protest with the offending skirts on your heads..
  • Options

i just seen his pic! my word another hot guy on the site!! very good looking :D yum!
  • Options
    Haha, I had the same problems!

When I started at Tesco I was told to get trousers so I ordered a size 8 in the trousers. They were too short and I had to have them up around my middle to fit! They're clearly made for more a more womanly figure as they were very baggy around my bum and hips!

I ended up getting a skirt which fits so much better.

I was also advised to get my waistcoaty thing a size up but it's huge!
  • Options
    Originally posted by **grunge gurl**
    Nope, gotta be the skirt they give you.

Thats what my work said to me but I just wear one that I picked up from Primark. I quite like the uniform at our place actually coz I'm a 14 and have a 10 in a top. Made me feel amazing at the time :p
  • Options
    I work in Woolies and although we are all meant to wear the trousers most of the young workers just wear their own black trousers which we get away with. My only complaint is that none of the young workers are given a fleece or fleecy waistcoat and the shop is constantly freezing in the Winter and its not fair that all the adult staff members have a nice warm fleece but the teenage staff can only wear a polo shirt!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil

When I started at Tesco I was told to get trousers so I ordered a size 8 in the trousers. They were too short and I had to have them up around my middle to fit! They're clearly made for more a more womanly figure as they were very baggy around my bum and hips!

Ha yes! I work at tesco also, and there is no way the trousers would fit me. I'm a size 10 but they were to small round the waist and to large on the thighs and bottom and came up above my ankles, and because they are horrible straight cut things they dont do anyone any favours.
    I jus wear a pair of black ones i bought from Miss Selfridge, because i cant wear the skirt as my job invloves a lot of bending down, and i dont think customers need to see me like that :blush: