Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Strained Ligament

Not sure if thats spelt correctly...

But, I think I have one. I got a knock yesterday and now when I sit down for 10mins at all the back of my leg is tight as hell and takes a while to loosen up and even when it does loosen up its still bloody sore anyone know how long it will be sore for?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds like you should get it seen to. Make an appointment - also NHS Direct are really good at asking about symptoms etc and pointing you in the right direction:

NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47

Hope you feel better soon.

:)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should see the doctor if it's troubling you, but most cases of strained ligaments are mild and start to heal (and indeed feel better) within a few days.

In the meantime, you shouldn't do anything strenuous such as unnecessary walking, sports etc (although I'm sure you don't feel like doing it!) although you shouldn't sit sedentary for too long as the muscle may cramp and you'll be in even more discomfort. You might find it eases the pain if you elevate your leg, although depending on where the strain is, that could exacerbate the pain. A lot of people find that a warm compress, such as a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel, would be comforting, especially when you're sitting/lying down. If it was a muscular strain I would be saying the opposite however, and an ice pack would be more beneficial.

Worry not though :) It won't hurt forever...if the pain doesn't ease soon enough, see a doctor, if you aren't already planning to :)