Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Soft spot ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im curious.

What or How do you define a " Soft spot " for someone ?

Comments

• Options
    Someone you secretly fancy, but wouldn't admit it...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    Someone you secretly fancy, but wouldn't admit it...
    ...or are afraid to tell them.
  • Options
    Or you want to bead them into a soft, squishy mush with a hammer. Sorry, venting...
  • Options
    for me its when id let someone use me and be secretly happy about it! :)

my current soft spot for someone means i would do anything for them, if they'd only ask :naughty:
  • Options
    To me it's someone I like but nothing can happen but I still have feelings for and care about them.
  • Options
    I don't see "soft spot" as necessarily in terms of a sexual relationship.

I just use it to mean people that I like, and that it isn't immediately obvious that I do.
  • Options
    Someone that i have slight feelings for but not enough that i would act on it/jump their bones. :) Crude but simple.
    e.g. the local laddo who is infact a friend and who i have a soft spot for but would never go there as our attitudes towards relationships are very different. He's a chauvanist and thinks man is god, i'm a cynical honest lass who believes it's all equal. I'd end up on a manslaughter charge if i had to live with him :lol:
  • Options
    I have a soft spot for someone who I feel very close to but there is no sexual urge between us, we are just good friends and she's an amazing person :)
  • Options
    A "soft spot" ... hmmm...i wouldnt say it was a sexual thing at all. I'd say it was more of just a caring thing, a friend who you just want everything to be ok for, i dunno...its hard to explain...its more of a practise thing than a theory one. hehe

Peace
  • Options
    I dont even think its to do with fancying someone.... a soft spot can be for anyone who you'd do anything for.
    I have a friend who i dont fancie in the slightest but shes just really special to me and am always there for her
  • Options
    I would have a soft spot for some of my close mates. Doesn't mean I fancy them.

So not always about being sexual. Least not the way I look at it.

Though do have soft spot for this guy I know, but that's coz I fancy the pants of him... ;) - Though that's another story.

Everyone is different.

For you to have a soft spot for someone; it's when you would be more willing to go out of your way for that person than you usually would for anyone else.
  • Options
    To me it's somebody who I think is 'cute'... but then I'm not in to 'cute' sexually... I guess it's just somebody who can twist my arm a little easier.
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't think it's really anything to do with sexual/romantic feelings. I have a "soft spot" for friends, family, work mates....it's just the people I let get away with stuff more often, who I would go out of my way to help and who I try and spend more time with than others. It's hard to define, but....when I think about said people, it makes me smile :)
  • Options
    i agree with whoever said ud do anything for them if only theyd ask and let them take advantage and secretly like it
    .matt