Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Which pays the most....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
day or night work?

The reason I ask is that my sleeping patterns quite comfortable range from 7am - 1pm so that means i'm up all night.

So if night work pays better then it won't be a struggle to work nights & also i'll be earning £ instead of wasting the night on the net.

.:Crispy:.

Comments

• Options
    Nights pay better.

Though I'm sure there are some jobs that make an exception.

I know at Tesco the night premium is about £1.50 extra ph than normal day time pay.
  • Options
    night.

quite considerably.

often you are given 'unsociable hours' benefits and bonuses.
  • Options
    nights

interestingly, one of my inlaws works nights on the railways - he refuses to work days becasue the day workers appear to just be their for a skive, whereas the night shift go and do their job and do it quickly and work much harder
  • Options
    Night work will pay more than the same job during the day, if that's what you mean.
  • Options
    I work nights 6pm till 2am and only between the hours of 12 and 2 do I get any extra.
  • Options
    It depends, for low skill work then definately you will get paid more for night work.

However, high paid jobs are rarely at night so if you wish to earn serious money you will have to probably do the usual 9-5 grind.