Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Face masks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know of any good face masks that not only help clear up excess oil on the face but may also help to pull out those pesky blackheads?

Comments

• Options
    Just get a few clay pack face masks when you are next in Superdrug or Tesco or somewhere.

I couldn't recommend a brand, I use a different one each time, but the clay ones always work for me.
  • Options
    Look for one that has 'kaolin' pretty high up on the ingredients list - it draws out all the gunk so you'll probably break out for a few days afterwards but its marvellous stuff. Whatever the fuck it is.
  • Options
    For oily skin Milk of Magensia is ideal, just apply it to your face, leave it to dry and then rinse off with warm water on a flannel or damp cotton wool.

To loosen blackheads without forking out for special cleansers etc (although if you do, I'd recommend Clean and Clear) mix equal parts of baking powder and water in your hand and rub it into the affected skin for 2 to 3 minutes. Then just rinse with warm water or with a damp flannel.

I've mentioned this one before, mashing (or preferably blending) half an apricot with a teaspoon of honey, applying it to your face, leaving five minutes and then rinsing clear, is a great way to revitalise your skin. However, it's a bit messy :D

The clay masks Kermit recommended are fine though, if you don't want to make your own. They all usually specifiy whether they target dry/oily/combination skin, and I'm sure there are plenty which target blackheads :)
  • Options
    I got a nice clay mask from Avon smells nice and seems to work well.
  • Options
    I've recently discovered an excellent one by Lush called mask of Magnamity (sic) and the best thing is-its green! Its made out of purely organic and natural ingredients and it smells lush (no pun intended!) check out lush website http://www.lush.co.uk
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    Look for one that has 'kaolin' pretty high up on the ingredients list - it draws out all the gunk so you'll probably break out for a few days afterwards but its marvellous stuff. Whatever the fuck it is.

it's the same stuff they use to draw out infection in horse feet.

:yes:
  • Options
    i know im a little late but try superdrugs raspberry exfoliating mask, makes it all smooth and has kaolin in and really keeps the skin clear (and smells delicious)
  • Options
    Originally posted by briggi

To loosen blackheads without forking out for special cleansers etc (although if you do, I'd recommend Clean and Clear) mix equal parts of baking powder and water in your hand and rub it into the affected skin for 2 to 3 minutes. Then just rinse with warm water or with a damp flannel.

i can only find bicarbinate of soda,is that the same as baking powder?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    i can only find bicarbinate of soda,is that the same as baking powder?

nope not at all :no: