Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blow Dry or Natural?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone find there hair looks better (shinier and more vibrant) when its been blow dried than natural dried? i know naturals better for your hair but mine always looks a lot blonder when i blow dry it

Comments

• Options
    mine goes straggly when i leave it natural.
    probably because my hair is naturally really curly but i haven't worn it curly in years.

but yeah, always looks better when its blow-dried
  • Options
    Mine looks blonder when I blow-dry it too, at least when it's freshly done, strange eh.

I don't blow-dry everytime I wash my hair though, I find the condition really suffers when I do it regularly and since I don't need to straighten it or anything, there's no point.
  • Options
    perhaps its because when you blow dry the hair, you brush it at the same time and makes the cuticles smoother or pushes them down in the same direction.. therefore looks glossier.

i totally made that up by the way!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    i totally made that up by the way!!!
    tis ok, doing that got me out of many a tricky situation working at the hairdressers, 'why yes madam, the opposite ions in this shampoo smooth the folicles which increases the amount of light reflecting pigments in your hair making it looks and feel much healthier'

everyone was like 'ooo i see, well in that case of course i'll spend £12 on some shampoo'
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i hate blowdrying my hair. it always looks better when i leave it to dry naturally too.
  • Options
    When I want to straighten my hair I think it looks better if I leave it to dry naturally then straighten it. If I want it curly I just put some mousse in and it dies naturally curly. So yeah, I only blo dry it if I'm running late. :p
  • Options
    If I leave my hair to dry naturally, it doesnt look at nice as when I blow dry it.
  • Options
    Since I got short, dark hair; I never find the need to blow dry my hair. It dries in no time naturally.

Use to be a nightmare was I was younger and had me hair down to my backside. Got shorter as I got older, coz I hated it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    mine goes straggly when i leave it natural.
    probably because my hair is naturally really curly but i haven't worn it curly in years.

but yeah, always looks better when its blow-dried

Thats what mines like.
  • Options
    my hairs naturally quite wavy, pain in the arse, wont curl if i want it (well not for long) if i leave it to dry naturally i have to starighten the top layers because it wont go up without looking bad and sticking out all ways
  • Options
    'why yes madam, the opposite ions in this shampoo smooth the folicles which increases the amount of light reflecting pigments in your hair making it looks and feel much healthier'
    Totally :D

Anyway, I think most people's hair looks better after being blow dried, 'cause it's much more sleek. If you leave it to dry naturally, your more likely to get all the fluffyness and frizz, which doesn't look good on anyone. And it's not really that damaging, as long as you use a good moisturising conditioner and heat protective spray.
  • Options
    I'm leaving it to dry naturally today, put some curling products on and going all curly. :)

Normally I can't leave my hair to dry naturally, it takes too long and it's so much easier to straighten when I've given it a bit of a blow dry.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Anyway, I think most people's hair looks better after being blow dried, 'cause it's much more sleek. If you leave it to dry naturally, your more likely to get all the fluffyness and frizz, which doesn't look good on anyone. And it's not really that damaging, as long as you use a good moisturising conditioner and heat protective spray.

mine is temperamental, and exactly the other way around.

if i leave it to dry naturally, it's all sleek and shiny and soft, albeit also kinda curly.

if it's blow dried, even by a hairdresser, i become the proud owner of an afro, and they have to GHD it within an inch of its life before i can go out in public.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    mine is temperamental, and exactly the other way around.

if i leave it to dry naturally, it's all sleek and shiny and soft, albeit also kinda curly.

Mines exactly the same! But as my hair is so thick and frizzy regardless of whether I blow dry or leave it to dry naturally, i still need to straighten it which menas if i'm in a rush and need to straighten it straight after blow drying it grows into a massive frizzball! Oh how I long for normal, naturally straight hair! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    My hair looks flat when I leave it to dry naturaly.
  • Options
    obviously it's better for your hair to leave it dry naturally,
    though i like to blow-dry mine to get more volume.
    but usually in the summer i keep my hair in pigtails after washing it so it goes wavy/curly. i haven't used straighteners for 3 months & it feels sogood.
  • Options
    before having it cut blow dry was best, now ive had 4 inches off and choppy layers it looks much better natural.
  • Options
    either blow dried, or straightened, but not both unless im in a rush. dont wanna end up with straw bale hair
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    What heat protective stuff does everyone use? I know this has been done before, but I'm being lazy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    What heat protective stuff does everyone use? I know this has been done before, but I'm being lazy.

Aww, I just did a thread on that coz I didnt see that question. :(