Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

for people with root canals

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
did you get them crowned?

Comments

• Options
    root canal as in a filling?
  • Options
    root canal as in they go in, dig around in the canals, kill the nerves and leave you with a dead tooth. they told me that now because the tooth is pretty much dead it can get real brittle and most people that have it done get that tooth crowned. so i was just curious.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Ah. That's a root canal?
    I don't know what to say. After I had mine they did crown it, but it fell off some time later, and the tooth was totally destroyed (it's actually 3 pieces of tooth now) so my doctor says we have to remove them. My old doctor was the worst destist I've ever heard of, so perhaps the crown wasn't done right, but in my case it didn't seem to help.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    they told me that now because the tooth is pretty much dead it can get real brittle and most people that have it done get that tooth crowned.

it's not a root canal, but i have a tooth with a huge filling, and they told me that it would probably crack and i would need a crown putting on it, and it has cracked, so i wish i had just had a crown in the first place to lessen the faffing.