Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Over reacting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,
i wont bore you for too long,

Well i broke up with my boyfriend last sunday for many reasons which are all pretty sad and pathetic but i'm starting to wonder if i made the right choice.

Well we're both 19 and we've been together for a year and 3 months and we work together (thats how it all started) and things were great in the beginning and neither of us have cheated on the other one or anything liek that, and i did trust him despite things that may have happened in the past.

The thing is i find him incredibly lazy and rude and this is buggin me so much it hurts to think aboutso i decided to get out. Everytime he stays at mine i make him dinner and wash it all up and out it away etc. and he says thankyou but never offers to cook for me or wash up or even help and i even make my own dinner at his house coz he wont do it, He made a promise to me that he would make me dinner and give me a massage to make up for the laziness as he knew it was affecting me (i stayed at hison the weekend)
well on friday his mum ordered pizza so he got away with it, then on saturday he asked me what i wanted but his mum ended up making me dinner, so i left it and asked for my massage after dinner and he said that he's only give me one if i gave him one after.... i always do things for him i.e massage him, make him dinner (even in his own home), wash his hair, his back etc. i do everything for him that i can, and he used to be the same but he never made me dinner and it really upsets me that he refuses to, when i tried to explain to him that he is a lazy bastard and needs to change he hangs up on me or ignores me or butts in when im talking ever so rudly...

i understand that my problems aren't no where near as bad as some people's, but when i asked him if he's change he said he needed to think about it, so i broke up with him, its only dinner for god sake and maybe i am over reacting but how hard is it to stick a bit of meat in the oven????

Now that i've broken up with him and he knows i aint joking about it, he has called me up beggin for me to come back and that he'll change but is this what it takes for him to realise my seriousness in matters that matter to me?

i dont mind if you tell me im being mad but i just need some honesty!

Thanking you kindly! xxxxx

Comments

• Options
    damn, i didnt know i'd waffled for so long. soz!

:blush:
  • Options
    Men can be lazy gits. Expect no more :)
    But are you sure you really wanna end your relationship with him just because he hasn't made you dinner?! I mean, if all people were like that, I'd never keep a relationship as I can't cook... hehe

Though in all seriousness; this is obviously bothering you. You have ended it with him and he is now asking you to come back. Take this opportunity to tell them why. Possibly feel neglected?! And want him to make some effort in making you feel wanted perhaps, by treatin you now again, just like you do for him.

See what he says, and if he's willing to make an effort, give him another chance and see how things take off from there. Just make him aware that this is hurting you and don't want it to continue if he's going to ignore you everytime you wanna express your feelings.

Hope that helps... :)
    Xxx
  • Options
    Thanks babes,

I know it sounds silly but i have told him things about him i dont like and its like he never listens he just ignores them all carrys on being a prick. i dont think im askin for much, i have chaged things he did not like about me and i think its only fair in order to make things work that he changes things too but i have to break up with him to do so, we have broken up over things like this in the past and i just snapped on the weekend and broke down in tears and had to end it,

When i have important things and problems in my life i want him to be one of those people who i can talk to and i can get feedback from but he never has anything to say he just says "i dont really know what to say aimz" or he's too tired or busy, i think i have done the right thing.

phewwwww, that was good to say.
  • Options
    it's not about dinner - sounds like it's about not being appreciated! He doesn't need to change, he just needs to find new ways to show you he cares and is grateful for the things you do.

Maybe tell that to him... but be warned - if you do take him back, he may be really appreciative for a month or so, and then it'll wear off and he will probably go back to normal!
  • Options
    Originally posted by natos
    it's not about dinner - sounds like it's about not being appreciated! He doesn't need to change, he just needs to find new ways to show you he cares and is grateful for the things you do.

Maybe tell that to him... but be warned - if you do take him back, he may be really appreciative for a month or so, and then it'll wear off and he will probably go back to normal!
    Thats what has happened in the past but i want to trust him but i have just lost faith...

i used to feel appreciated but not no more, and i like the little things that people do for eachtother and he dont seem to understand. well i think im gona stay broken up for a while and see how i feel ina month or so, maybe i just need some air from it all.
  • Options
    good christina aguilera song on her album 'stripped'. give it a listen - it's called 'underappreciated'!!!
  • Options
    LOL will do :D
  • Options
    i hate lazy people

not worth worrying about, not worth the thinking energy