Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ibuprofen Problems!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, a few years back I was really poorly. I waslike constantly on paracetemol...course after a while, developed an immunity to it, so I had to move onto the Ibuprofen. Now that I'm better, when I do get a headache I just take an Ibuprofen, usually one 400g one does the trick.
Recently I had back problems and was perscribed some of these 400g Ibuprofen (humungo pink boulders!!) and they were fine. I took one recently for period pains (I do every month for the first day or so) and usually it's fine, but Sunday...omg!! It's like I had overdosed slightly. It gave me a monstrous headache, dizzyness and left me feeling slightly nauseas. There were times where my head just felt way too heavy and I struggling to do alot. I was at work at the time.
During the time of having back pain, my doc advised taking 1 ibuprofen and 2 500mg paracetemol...I reacted in a similar sort of way- too much painkiller I put it down to, bad advise by my doc. But this time I was really shocked by my reaction. I used to rely of Ibuprofen to elleviate real bad headaches I used to get every night in the past...now I'm reluctant to even take one when I get headaches/severe pains. What was this reaction? Is there something wrong with the tabs do ya think? Any ideas appreciated! :)

Comments

• Options
    i'd go to the doctors and get some proper pain relief. These are over the counter drugs and if they are not doing the trick then u may need something prescribed.
    And if you tell your doctor the side effects u had then he should be ale to give u an alternative
  • Options
    * Ask the pharmacist
    * Call NHS Direct. Your symptoms may not have been related to the drugs.
  • Options
    studies have shown too much headache tablets cause phantom headaches after prolonged use of them.

look into accu-pressure or even pinching part of your nose that is inbetween your eyes