Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

interview worries!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
got an interview with an admissions tutor on monday. :crazyeyes

what questions is he likely to ask me? will i need to know anything in particular or will it just be an informal thing just to find out whether im a retard or not...

any replies will be greatly appreciated :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Hi
    I had to go for a interview for my law course..... it was not what i was expecting, it was relaxed and just a general chat. Thats the general feel i got from most of my friends aswell.
    But that does depend on the course your getting interviewed for.

They're likely to ask why you want to do the course and what job you would like to do in the future.... oh and why do you want to study at their institution.

Thats all i was asked and i had all my law knowledge planned and everything and didnt need a thing of it tut.

Good luck you'll be fine, aslong as you got half a brain cell and found the university they should give you a offer. I bet now someone is going to totally disagree with what i have said but thats the general experience me and my friends have found.
  • Options
    Ohhh this thread will help me out too, thanks for the thread crazy_guy :)
  • Options
    its economics im doing, he wanted me to ring him but i told him id rather go down there, it'll give me a chance to have a look around as well.

thanks for that, im a bit less stressed about it now!
  • Options
    You'll be fine, they won't ask much for economics except for the questions i put in my last thread.

Its always good to go and look around the uni to get a feel for the place. Aslong as you have a idea of why you want to do the course and why you'd like to study there you will be fine.
    And smart-casual clothing is best for these situations, there was one guy who was having a interview when i was and he was wearing a suit and you could see he felt like a pratt.

Oh and they often tell you if your accepted at the time of the interview.

Tell us how you get on :D
  • Options
    Have a look here. Nothing to add to that, really!

Good luck, mate!
  • Options
    it went fine, it was so informal! the guy just went through what modules they did, gave me the usual "we're so great" speech, i asked him a few questions and that was it! he said if i wanted a place, i could have one! leeds met here i come!

thanks again to those who helped me out :)
  • Options
    See told you so :)
    Sounds just like my interview....well done!
  • Options
    i do chemistry MSci, when i was applying, in all my interviews, they asked me questions i had never seen before, and said "you probably wont know the exact answer but you should able to explain what the question is going on about" and i just went through a logic process and landed up at the right answer

they also ask the usual, why this subject, why this course, why here?

all you can do is be honest they like that :) (as long as you spent time thinking about where to apply and why it looks interesting to spend 3/4 years doing)
  • Options
    i would recommend been relaxed about it etc

but one thing you must do is tell them not only why you want to do the course but also that "you want it"

people often do forget to say the simple reason of why they are there