Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New CIA Head "No up to the job"?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone else seen the interview which the new head of the CIA gave a few months ago when he said that he just didn't have the skills to work there?

I think it was recorded as part of the Michael Moore film...

Comments

• Options
    That was fantastic!!!

He said (not exact quote) "I dont have the skills, experience, technical knowledge, I cant do the job"
  • Options
  • Options
    LOL. Good old Michael does it again. :D

Then again, selecting the best man for the job was never in Bush's mind was it? Why do that when you can have a right wing Republican minion in the post instead?
  • Options
    I always didn't like the idea of Bush employing one of his followers to the post. Now I have seen this I dislike it even more ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    your puppet!

LOL

Hardly true is it, that Aladdin control Michael Moore...
  • Options
    Who says Michael Moore makes my opinions?

Have you got any basic understanding of things that are said here?

Dear oh dear...

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    So would you care to explain how Michael Moore would make mine?
  • Options
    lets leave it eher. i am sick of this pathetic arguing.... lets me friends. :)
    ie: You can't answer Aladdins question. If you dont want to argue then maybe you should not be in this forum....
  • Options
    This has nothing to do with Michael Moore though, it wasnt really even an interview, its just the bloke saying how rubbish at the job he would be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    This has nothing to do with Michael Moore though, it wasnt really even an interview, its just the bloke saying how rubbish at the job he would be.

Precisely. This isn't MM trying to push his beliefs on anyone. The comments were made as part of an interview and now that this chap has been suggested as the new CIA Director they have become very relevant.

Basically, if this man didn't think he was capable a few months ago, what has changed?
  • Options
    im not normally one to stick up for bush's choices but he isnt exactly a regular CIA agent, he manages it, so surely he dont need the language or somputer skills an old the field agent requires

personally micheal moore pisses me off too
  • Options
    he does me too. he sticks his nose into other peoples business too often... why doesn't he do a documentury on Chinas presindentcey?

possibly cause theyd kill him :p

michael moore pisses me off cause he never provides any real alternatives, he just resorts to bashing the other side, which well jsut what annoys me about american politics
  • Options
    also moore goes for bush cause bush is a great source of humour, no matter how nice or evil chinas chairman is, im sure he has some intelligence at least
  • Options
    He's an easy target because he's a cheating, dangerous, semi-literate scumbag who cheated his way into office and presided over the single most disastrous and inefficient term in US history while at the same time making the world a much more dangerous place.

I can understand Moore for being very pissed off at this and trying to oust Bush by any means at his disposal.

And let's not forget that if it weren't for him many of the things that bunch of neo-con cunts have done to America and the world wouldn't even be in people's minds. Considering that 99.99% of the media in America is profoundly right wing and unwilling/incapable of saying anything critical of the President, is there anyone other than Moore prepared or capable of presenting the other side of the coin to the Americans?
  • Options
    id prefer if it was someone who privided an alternative, not just bashed the other side
  • Options
    he isn't really that pissed off... just wants to make money
    Rubbish
    well at least we know about the USA... right Moore... I'll send you to China... then.. Iran.. then etc etc
    What on earth are you talking about? :confused:

Anyway, if you're so concerned about people being over-biased towards something, why do you only complain about Moore? What happened to the O'Rileys and Ann Coulters of this world? What happened to Fox News, The S*n, the New York Post and other such media outlets that are equally if not more biased than Moore? No complain about them? Why, because they're right wingers?

Consistency please.
  • Options
    moore just wants to make money... what ever else is he doing it for??

papers have always been the same...

moore shouldn't be biased... he should look at both sides... he doesn't which gains no respect.
    Why would anyone else do it for then? He's no different from others!

But yet you single him out because he criticises 'your kind'.

Still not a word about the right wing commentators who are as biased if not more so than Moore, I see...
  • Options
    And how do you know what he looks at and what he doesn't? It's apparent from your posts that seeing both sides simply means espousing that view which you prefer to hear rather than what he DOES do, which is assume the obligation the media has failed to undertake toward the public in exposing repeated lies, corruption and abuse of power by "public" officials.

Poor you if you think those in positions of power in a democratic society should be free from scrutiny and exposure of their misdeeds.

You are simly so indoctrinated by your habitual reliance on Murdoch press for your understanding of the world that you cannot see that it is your sources which perpetrate the widest spread misinformation.
  • Options
    Murdoch owns more than The Sun dear boy and youve referred to such sources almost predominantly since arriving here.

Like it or not, you've shown little more than your ability to regurgitate the misinformation for which such sources are well known.

So do tell us how you are capable of knowing what Moore did or did not research in preparing his film, or for that matter what his interests are?
  • Options
    clandestine perhaps you could just be a bit blunter to luke

luke, we're saying you criticise micheal moore but you dont criticicse right wing sources, and you dont say how more unbiased they should be

read a vairety of different leaning sources, like the times (owned by murdoch/right wing), the guardian (centre-left) and the independant (left), and then once in a while read a newspaper which u know is blatantly stupid like the mail
  • Options
    Blunt is about all Luke seems to comprehend sadly. Given that he wont bother reading anything more complicated than page 3 and looks for anyone whose similar leanings he can attach himself too without any further thought on the matter, he is worthy of about as much consideration as was Monocrat.

Luke is simply the new one liner king who demonstrates how content he is to truly understand as little as possible since it requires far more reading than he is prepared to undertake.

And for the record Luke, the Sun wasnt the issue, but no surprise you looked for that one reference to latch onto so as to avoid confronting your readiness to accept right wing spin rather than question it or go so far as to follow it up to verify its accuracy.
  • Options
    I despise your intellectual laziness and excuse making, I don't know you from adam so I can hardly despise you personally. I merely despise the bandwagon nature of your regular posts.
  • Options
    luke then surely you understand all papaers are biasded to an extent, and you really should read a vtrue variety of as least biased sources as you can
  • Options
    and can we go back to tpic

the guy wouldnt make it as a regular cia agent on the field, it doesnt mean he'd be unable to manage to the CIA, i think people seem to be missing that point

he has experience, just not the skills required on the field as he is from a different era