Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

colour

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you think that people with certain skintones and hairclours suit certain colours (in clothes) than others?

I've got pale skin (not exceptionally pale but quite pale) and red hair (not naturally red hair) and I don't think I suit cream, white, pink or caramel colours. This means I wear a lot of dark colours but lately thanks to the nice coloured clothes available in the shops I've reaslised I suit royal blue and some shades of green.

What do you suit and what do you avoid?

Comments

• Options
    i have quite pale skin, but it's olive-type, so in the winter i take on a yellowish tinge. in the summer it tans nicely, and i can wear white and beige, but in the winter it's best avoided.

i wear a lot of blue and green cause i think they suit me, and they make my eyes look bluer.

i used to wear a lot of pink when i had pink hair, but lately have been wearing more red.

other than that, it's black.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    Mmm. I've got not-particularly-pale skin and dark features.

I'm not really sure which colours I suit, but I generally don't wear particularly strong ones such as bright red or owt.

Bright red wouldn't suit you, I don't think (I'm basing this on one picture I can just about cunjur up an image of in my head!).
  • Options
    I think it really does depend on the old routine of cool colouring or warm colouring.
    Id define myself as cool as wearing light blues, khaki's and the colder colours suits my skintone. I'm pale with brown hair and green eyes and i never wear red, yellow, orange etc. as i'd look pale and washed out. I tend to wear things that go with my eye colour and that way don't usually end up looking dead :)
  • Options
    i am somewhat tan with black/red hair at the moment.i have never been able to wear orange.i normally wear pink or black as they are my fav on me.i can wear white,but don't really anymore as i ruined most of them from spilling stuff(i am really clumsy)
  • Options
    I have very light skin (either red or white, no matter how much sun I get I never tan) and dark brown hair and dark clothes make me look like I'm trying out the goth look. Not a good look on me. Yet for some reason most my clothes are dark. :(
  • Options
    From a male prospective looking at female people:

Light hair: Goes best with red, brown, black and lilac

Dark hair: Most colours, especially with black hair as I find it is a univeral colour.
  • Options
    I have a pale complexion usually; I go pink before I go brown. I have a bit of a tan now though :cool: which apparently makes me look healthier. My hair is sort of dark blonde or light brown.

I wear whatever the hell I like, I don't have certain colours that I totally avoid. I wear a lot of dark colours but I have a rainbow cardi/jacket type thing that I :heart:
  • Options
    i have dark hair+pale olive toned skin.

and for some reason i cant wear red

any other colour :thumb:
  • Options
    I have pale skin which I often fake tan (real tanning isn't possible...i just go red) and blonde hightlighted hair.

I find that really pale colours and white make me look washed out if I'm not tanned so I tend to go for bright colours, red suits me a lot.

If I have tanned myself then I tend to go for pale blue. Yellows and pinks look dreadful on me
  • Options
    I have quite naturally tanned looking skin all year round and very dark brown hair and eyes. I find I can wear most colours...not yellow or brown though, or orange. Kind of out of choice though I guess, I usually wear black, white and red, and i have a pair of beigey/cream trousers I rather like.
  • Options
  • Options
    I like most colours tbh. I dont wear much green or yellow, for no particular reason. I dont wear much white either because i cant keep it clean for more than 5 minutes ( ive recently bought some white shorts but im too paranoid to wear them)
    My fave colours on me are red, pink and brown, but I think most colours look okay.
  • Options
    I have red hair and blue eyes but my skin is quite brown...I wear loads of green, blue or darker red. I look crap in pinks and cream. And I look extremely horrid in purple...it kinda clashes with my hair.
  • Options
    It's quite interesting really, my Mum has a book which is supposed to tell you which colours you suit from your skintone etc, although it's been pretty off most of the time.

Personally I suit warm colours...butter yellows, orange, peach etc and then light blues, blue-based greens, chocolate brown, white and cream. Anything else has the potential to make me look washed-out if I don't match it right with accessories etc, and because my hair's such a light blonde, black and (strangely) beige wash me out dreadfully. I find charcoal greys are pretty flattering though. I never used to wear red, but I find that a really bright red goes quite nicely with my hair, although tomato and more orangey reds make me look ill.

It's strange what suits people, ain't it? You have to try out new colours though I think, because I know I've been surprised before! :D
  • Options
    I have darkish skin, jetblack hair and dark eyes.
    Deep red is probably the color that suits me the most, but turqouise is also really good. And yellow.