Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Std?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just want a little advice or comfort or something!
My boyfriend told me yesterday that his ex-girlfriend (from 8 months ago) has found out she's got an STD and so told my boyfriend. He's now really worried that he has one or got one from her and is going to the clinic tomorrow to get checked. I've had unprotected sex with him so now i'm worrying my head off thinking I've got one too - she didn't even tell him what it was which is worse! I don't know whether to just wait until his results or go anyway? I'm really nervous cos I have no idea what tests they do....

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Thanks :) I know it doesn't make sense to worry about it but I can't stop lol

I guess it would be quite good to find out I don't have anything...i've never had a blood test though which probably hurts! I'm such a baby lol

Thanks again for the reply, I'll see what happens and get checked anyway I reckon.
  • Options
    Hiya
    It's always a shock to hear stuff like this, but you really need to get tested andd put your mind at rest. The link girl with sharp teeth kindly posted will answer any worrying questions about what to expect. This link helps you find your nearest clinic. Remember to use use condoms at least untill you know you're in the clear.
    Good luck
    :)