Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Student discount cards

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
ok, so i know people at college can get the NUS card, which gives you some great discounts, but can uni goers apply for this too?? If so, does anyone know where to apply for how!! and if not, do they do a special card just for people at uni, or does your uni give you one???
Ahhhh....its all soo confusing :confused:
Cheers
SBG
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    if your universities students union is affiliated to the NUD, your uni Id will say ur a NUS member too

and lots of bars clubs on their student nites will acept your uni ID
  • Options
    When I started uni in Freshers Week, we had a chance to go and get a NUS card, I persume other uni's do the same.
  • Options
    wahey!! cheap booze all the way (i hope) :D
    SBG
  • Options
    My uni card (for the library etc.) is also a NUS card.
  • Options
    so now there is a gd reason2get a library card
  • Options
    Nearly all universities are affiliated to teh NUS. Therefore when you join your students' union you become a member of the NUS.

I'm really going to miss my student discounts- it already hurt when I went to teh cinema :crying:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I'm really going to miss my student discounts- it already hurt when I went to teh cinema :crying:

mine's still valid. i'm on the cheap til the 17th of september :hyper:
  • Options
    Thats like my junior bus pass. For students up to a-level. Mines valid until October, by which time, I'll be at Uni, I hope!
  • Options
    I'm gonna miss mine too.

No more saving 10% at Topshop.
  • Options
    Also, if your university isn't NUS affiliated, you can get an ISIC for £7 from your student travel shop - that will entitle you to a lot of discounts too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    and lots of bars clubs on their student nites will acept your uni ID

Around my area (Stoke on Trent in the Midlands) theyve stopped taking NUS as ID at clubs and pubs. I dont know what NUS cards are like in the rest of the country but the ones here were hand written as opposed to printed directly onto the plastic, meaning that they were somewhat easy to forge. I had a fake one myself before i turned 18 as a friend of mine came into posession of a stack of unused ones. SO...i wouldnt count on them as your only form of ID...just in case.

Peace
  • Options
    Originally posted by AlmightyBob
    Around my area (Stoke on Trent in the Midlands) theyve stopped taking NUS as ID at clubs and pubs. I dont know what NUS cards are like in the rest of the country but the ones here were hand written as opposed to printed directly onto the plastic, meaning that they were somewhat easy to forge. I had a fake one myself before i turned 18 as a friend of mine came into posession of a stack of unused ones. SO...i wouldnt count on them as your only form of ID...just in case.

Peace

I used to find it soooo funny when people in the year below me at college would write a fake date of birth on their NUS card thinking it'd actually work.