Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Music Technology/Sound recording

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on places to go to study this. I want to study it next year at uni+am currently doing it for my A-levels. Iv looked around a few places but if anyone is studying i would really appreciate their input on this
thanx :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Queens University of Belfast does a good music tech course, failing that try Buckinghamshire chilterns university college, they do music industry management which has modules in music tech and sound recording. but then, it depends how far from home u wanna go
  • Options
    im from milton keynes. belfast seems a bit too far away+im in bucks already.i need to escape! thanks for advice thou :)
  • Options
    yea, im looking round the LIPA next month to see what it is like. it looks good+has good contacts but i doubt they'll want me :( im not exactly brimming with experience, guess il js have2try+make them love my personality..:s
  • Options
    my brother was a sound engineer before he moved to lighting, and he learned on the job, took professional qualifications and got a lot of experience rather than do a degree. he now owns his own extremely successful business and travels the world with very famous people.

but if you're dead set on going to uni, i'd try to get as much experience as possible while you're studying. in that business, you're only as good as the last person/project you worked on. degrees on their own don't count for much.